All of the delicious flavors of sugary, fried teriyaki wings, but none of the gluten and carbs. Low Carb Crispy Baked Teriyaki Wings.
Crispy, sweet, and sticky keto chicken wings
Low Carb Crispy Baked Teriyaki Wings. I have been on a huge wing kick lately. Wings, wings, and more wings, ordering them every where we go.
It took me a long time to come around to eating chicken wings. Then, once I finally decided that I liked them, I couldn’t stop eating them. It is really hard to find a good crispy baked chicken wing recipe. Most of the recipes that I have tried over the years always end up being a chewy, soft mess. So disappointing. These crispy baked low carb wings will have you swearing that someone broke into your kitchen and secretly fried them.
How to make perfectly crispy keto wings
The key to perfectly crispy low carb wings lies in the technique. It’s all about salting them first to draw out excess moisture from the skin, then coating them in baking powder, and then cooking them at two different temperatures, on two different racks in the oven. The end result is a golden, crispy outside and a juicy and tender inside. Once you make low carb wings this way, you will never want to make them another way again.
I first made this low carb teriyaki sauce back in 2012 for my Low Carb Teriyaki Beef Tips Recipe. Then, I just sort of forgot about it for all these years… UNTIL NOW! These keto wings are sure to become a household favorite. Perfect for those Sunday football parties!
In addition to this keto wing recipe, check out some of my other favorite keto appetizers:
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Keto Soft Pretzels
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups with Dijon Butter Glaze
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Low Carb Beef and Chorizo Empanadas
- Cajun Trinity Keto Crab Cakes
- Keto Chicken Fried Cauliflower Steaks
Low Carb Crispy Baked Teriyaki Wings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Cuisine: keto, nut free, gluten free, sugar free
For the Wings:
- 2 pounds chicken wings, thawed
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons confectioners erythritol
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
For Optional Garnish::
- 2 fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Spread the wings in a single layer across paper towels and sprinkle with a little salt. Cover with an additional layer of paper towels and let rest for 20 minutes. This will draw out the excess moisture and help you get a truly crispy wing.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Place an oven rack in the middle-lower position. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a cooling rack.
- Combine the wings and the baking powder in a resealable plastic bag. Shake to coat each wing evenly.
- Line the wings in a single layer across the cooling rack. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 425°F and move the wings to the top-middle oven rack. Bake for an additional 45 minutes.
- While the wings are baking, combine 1/4 cup water, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, erythritol, garlic and ginger in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Whisk to combine.
- In a glass, mix the remaining 1/4 cup of water, olive oil and the Xanthan gum. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Pour the Xanthan gum slurry into the sauce. Whisk constantly until you can no longer see any of the xanthan gum and the sauce has begun to thicken. Transfer the sauce to a large mixing bowl.
- Remove the wings from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes, and then toss in the sauce.
- Sprinkle chives and sesame seeds over top before serving.
- Calories: 324kcal
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 27g
Craveable Keto: Your Low-Carb, High-Fat Roadmap to Weight Loss and Wellness
Check out my other books – HERE
This book has more than 145 recipes, each with a full color photo and nutritional analysis. It is packed with over 100 pages of resources to help make your low carb, keto lifestyle easier. Let”>BREAKFASTS
SNACKS AND STARTERS
SOUPS AND SALADS
DRESSINGS, SAUCES, SEASONINGS, AND MORE
Got a craving? YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Popular on the Blog This Week: