For the Wings:
- 2 pounds chicken wings, thawed
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons confectioners erythritol
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
For Optional Garnish::
- 2 fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Spread the wings in a single layer across paper towels and sprinkle with a little salt. Cover with an additional layer of paper towels and let rest for 20 minutes. This will draw out the excess moisture and help you get a truly crispy wing.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Place an oven rack in the middle-lower position. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a cooling rack.
- Combine the wings and the baking powder in a resealable plastic bag. Shake to coat each wing evenly.
- Line the wings in a single layer across the cooling rack. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 425°F and move the wings to the top-middle oven rack. Bake for an additional 45 minutes.
- While the wings are baking, combine 1/4 cup water, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, erythritol, garlic and ginger in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Whisk to combine.
- In a glass, mix the remaining 1/4 cup of water, olive oil and the Xanthan gum. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Pour the Xanthan gum slurry into the sauce. Whisk constantly until you can no longer see any of the xanthan gum and the sauce has begun to thicken. Transfer the sauce to a large mixing bowl.
- Remove the wings from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes, and then toss in the sauce.
- Sprinkle chives and sesame seeds over top before serving.
- Cuisine: keto, nut free, gluten free, sugar free
- Calories: 324kcal
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 27g