I'm pretty sure these will become your all time favorite low carb cookie. Think low carb brownie meets perfect keto cookie. It's a marriage made in chocolate heaven. Keto Flourless Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
The best low carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
My favorite thing about flourless low carb cookies is that it takes away the grittiness found in most low carb baked goods. I have no doubt that these will be in heavy rotation. They have been getting rave reviews and people are calling them "the best keto cookie recipe" they have ever tried. That is high praise! Would you believe me if I told you that a variation of this dough also makes great keto chocolate muffins and keto brownies?
How to make these cookies dairy-free:
To make a dairy free version of these cookies, just swap the butter with butter flavored coconut oil. Yes, it tastes exactly like butter, and no one will know the difference.
Tips and tricks for these keto cookies:
- Using powdered sweetener instead of granular helps take away any grittiness.
- I like to pull these keto cookies out of the oven at the 10 minute mark and lightly press on them to flatten. This makes for a deliciously fudgy, brownie-like texture. So yum!!
- If you are making smaller cookies and making more than 18, I would decrease the cooking time to 8 to 10 minutes.
Other low carb dessert recipes you might enjoy:
- Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Keto Brownie Ice Cream
- Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Low Carb Chocolate Mason jar Ice Cream
- Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Cake
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Flourless Keto Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 18 1x
- 1 cup natural creamy almond butter
- ⅔ cup powdered monkfruit (I use this brand) Code PEACE for 20% off
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder (I use this brand) Code PEACE for 20% off
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted salted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar free chocolate chips (I use this brand)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, monkfruit, cocoa powder, peanut butter powder, eggs, butter, water, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Using an elecrtric hand mixer, mix until all ingredients are well combined. It will be a very thick dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the cookie dough into 1 ½ inch to 2 inch balls. You can make them smaller to yield more cookies.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes (begin checking on them at 8 minutes). Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack to allow the cookies to cool before eating.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: keto, cookies, dairy free keto, keto cookies, low carb, dairy free, dessert, sugar free, gluten free, grain free, paleo, ketogenic
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books - HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY - HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!
I've made these several times and they always turn out delicious! They freeze very well, which helps with portion control. I'm able to freeze a big batch, pull one cookie out at a time, pop it into microwave for about 12 seconds and enjoy a nice fudgey chocolate cookie! Today I'm going to try baking in a mini muffin pan to try to get more delicious fudgeness in the middle.
Jessica De Haro says
What’s the shelf life of these?
These cookies are so tasty! Thanks for the top on flattening them a bit. I make a kind of a mousse with cream cheese, peanut butter and a little sweetener, and we make sandwich cookies with them. The family loves them.
Christina H says
Even if you’re not keto/low carb, these cookies are amazing! My absolute favorite treat!
These are the best cookies Ive ever made! They are light but yet so filling. They are like eating a delicious meal replacement protein bar. Highly recommend!
These are delicious. I added. Few more chocolate chips. I love the texture and taste. Definitely can not tell they are low carb. I did give the recipe to a couple of friends and know they will love them too! Thank you!!!!!!
One of the best cookies iv ever made! And easy too!!
Made these cookies cause I had a sweet tooth. Very quick and easy to make. I left out the peanut butter powder since it’s such a small quantity and I don’t believe it made a difference that I could tell. Very delicious cookie and helped with my sweet tooth. I’m new to keto and love this site!! Thanks for all the great recipes you share!!
Lisa Truax says
These cookies are thee best! I’ve made them with and without the powdered peanut butter, either way tastes delicious , so I don’t use it. My husband and I eat these every day! Definitely recommend!
I made these and they tasted pretty great, but they are super cakey and less chewy. They're more like muffin tops or mini cake slices.
I left them in the oven for 10min but I actually wish I'd taken them out a little sooner so they could've been more gooey on the inside because mine came out fully cooked.
I did have some changes I made to use what was on hand: I used PB instead of almond butter since I didn't have any and its quite pricey where I live and I omitted the PB powder for the same reason. I also forgot to add in the water for the first batch, but added some in the second one and they flattened out and spread out way better, so don't forget the water!
All in all, its a good recipe with no nut flour graininess, but it would probably make a better cupcake or mini cake since they don't really break or chew like cookies at all.
The peanut butter and the chocolate also had a wonderful flavor together, but if you're not a fan you might not be able to sub the almond butter for PB like i did.
I might repeat this recipe as cupcakes since they're so soft and cakey and make a chocolate cream cheese frosting to top! I'm sure that'd be delicious.
Kyndra Holley says
Substitutions and omissions will always change the final product.