This Low Carb Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is moist and dense, with the bright and fresh flavors of lemon and blueberry. Best of all, it is low carb, gluten free, and even sugar free
TRY THE 28 DAY KETO CHALLENGE
Lose weight, reduce inflammation, increase energy, and just feel all around awesome! If you need help getting started on keto, or you feel like you've gotten off course, then this is for you!
- Sweetener - For this recipe, I used this sweetener. You can use any sweetener you prefer, just make that it is a 1:1 replacement for regular sugar, or adjust the amounts accordingly.
- Ricotta Cheese - You could also substitute sour cream, cream cheese, or dairy free cream cheese.
- Vanilla Extract - If you like extra lemon flavor, you could substitute lemon extract or add both. Alternately, you could also use vanilla bean, or vanilla paste.
- Lemon Juice - I recommend using fresh lemon juice for this recipe. Since the recipe calls for lemon zest anyway, you might as well use fresh lemon juice. If you like lemon dessert, try these Keto Lemon Glazed Donuts
- Almond Flour - I recommend using a blanched almond flour or a superfine almond flour as it gives the cake a better texture.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Add the butter, egg, and sweetener to a mixing bowl
2. Mix - Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sweetener, and egg until well combined and light and fluffy
3. Add the ricotta, vanilla extract, and lemon zest to the mixing bowl
4. Combine the almond flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Mix until well combined.
5. Add the almond flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
6. Fold in the blueberries.
7. Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan.
8. Bake at 375°F for 50 minutes, or until the center is cooked through
9. Make the glaze while the pound cake is baking.
10. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake. Garnish with fresh blueberries.
Frequently Asked Questions
With a few substitutions, you can easily make this a dairy free recipe. Substitute the butter with ghee, or butter flavored coconut oil.
Substitute the ricotta with an almond milk ricotta - I like the brand Kite Hill.
Substitute the cream cheese with an almond milk cream cheese. Substitute the heavy cream for almond milk or coconut milk
You can also make this recipe in a loaf pan, or even as individual cakes in a muffin tin.
I have only tested this recipe with almond flour. Coconut flour is not a 1:1 substitution. Coconut flour is extremely absorbent, so when substituting coconut flour, it is necessary to add more liquid and more egg. A good rule of thumb is to substitute 1 cup of almond flour with ¼ of coconut flour and one additional egg for every ¼ cup of coconut flour. It may also be necessary to double the liquid called for in the recipe as well. If the mixture seems too dry, simply add more liquid, a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency. If your mixture is too wet, add additional coconut flour, mixing in 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- use mixed berries in place of the blueberries
- use raspberries in place of blueberries and sour cream in place of the ricotta
- use sugar free dried cranberries in place of the blueberries and orange in place of the lemon, and add a little ground ginger and cinnamon for a delicious fall themed variation
- Add lemon extract for even more lemon flavor
- Swap out the ricotta for sour cream or cream cheese
More Keto Dessert Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.