Low Carb Nachos

1/4 Cup Diced Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Jalapenos
1/4 Cup Black Olives
2 Tbs Guacamole
2 Tbs Sour Cream
(2 Tbs Peace and Love)

You can season the ground beef however you like.  I used a couple of tablespoons of my taco seasoning (which are not included in the recipe carb count)

Directions
For the “Chips”
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.  (It shouldn’t stick to the paper anyway but I always give it light spraying.

Pour the cheddar cheese onto the parchment paper and spread out as thin as you can. (In the shape of a rectangle.)

Sprinkle the grated Parmesan evenly on top of the cheddar cheese.

Combine the Cumin, Garlic powder, and Chili powder and sprinkle evenly on top of the cheeses)

Bake on 400* on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes.  Check on it constantly as it can go from zero to burnt in no time at all.  Set cookie sheet on a cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes.

Remove from the parchment paper and cut the cheese into strips.  (I used kitchen scissors for this)  After cutting the cheese into strips, then cut each strip into triangles.

Place “Chips” back on parchment paper and broil on high for 2 minutes.  (keep an eye on them… Even though it is only 2 minutes, they can burn very fast)

Let the “chips” cool and crisp up – about 30 minutes

Pile them on the plate and cover with all your favorite nacho toppings.  Use the last 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar to put on top and melt…  ENJOY!!

Makes 4 servings – 5 grams of carbs per serving

You can order my books -Here

Or on Amazon – Here
3+books2

***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***

***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Primal Low Carb Kitchen: Comfort Food Recipes for the Carb Conscious Cook

The Primal Low Carb Kitchen CookbookAre you ready to eat all your favorite comfort foods without the guilt? The Primal Low Carb Kitchen: Comfort Food Recipes for the Carb Conscious Cook has more than 85 low-carb, gluten-free, and primal recipes. There are no hard to find, strange ingredients - only clean, whole foods that you can find at your local grocery store.

This cookbook bridges the gap between low-carb and paleo and will help you lose weight while still enjoying all of your favorite foods. Inside, not only will you find delicious, easy to make recipes, but you will find nutritional analysis for each recipe, a complete list of hidden sources of gluten, tips for maximizing your grocery budget, and how to get your kitchen set up for success.

Click HERE to order!

Comments

1. says

onthehighseas – I am always looking to create favorite comfort foods into a low carb version. While I recognize that if you ate the whole plate of cheese chips it may not be what most people deem “healthy” BUT.. it is low carb and people living a low carb lifestyle are primarily concerned with the carb count as well as eating foods that will help them stay on plan and not feel deprived. Also, it is 4 servings and I’m sure that even though the chips are made of cheese, the dish probably still has a lot less cheese that a plate of nachos at a bar. Thanks for stopping by! Cheers!

• says

Holley is right and we generally watch carbs AND calories so our diets are more healthy, not less. When I do my low carb pizza (which is a crust made with eggs and cheese and then topped with cheese and meat) I am usually under 1000 calories for the day because it’s so filling I can barely bring myself to eat anything else.

• says

Well said! When you do low carb properly, it doesnt matter how many fat calories you consume. Your body burns the fat for energy so it is not detrimental to your health. Your body does not store the fat at all. I hate when people pass judgement on what they dont understand. :(

• says

Sorry if this posts twice, the internets seem to hate me today. *grinz* I am diabetic, so anything high carb isn’t good. These are perfection for me! Facebooked it to my sis as well, going to try this! Thank you so so much!

2. says

This is a great low carb version of nachos, and to anyone who says its unhealthy, any thing is unhealthy if you eat enough of it. count those calories and watch your serving sizes

• says

People don’t get fat because they eat too many calories; they eat too many calories because they need to feed their fat! Low carb diets are a great way to help your body release it’s fat stores!

3. says

The wait time for the chips crisping up is killing me!!! I just started a low carb diet about three weeks ago and nachos are my favorite thing. I can’t wait to try them

4. says

that is so cool. i’ll have to try that. i LOVE nachos….this way i can have them and still be good on my diet too. I tried the chicken nuggets and they were soooo good. even my husband ate them.

5. says

Looks great! I have been frying grated cheese for a while now which gets them nice and crispy and I sprinkle them on my salads instead of croutons! YUM! Can’t wait to try them as nachos!

6. says

I have made these twice so far and I add variety with flavored shredded cheeses and the spices!! So good even my friends 2 young daughters love them!!!

7. says

Just tried these – Love them! Thanks!! I am wondering about making taco shell size rounds, then baking them the second time folded over something into a taco shell shape… :) Has anyone tried?

8. Anonymous says

Hi! I just wanted to thank you so much for posting these recipes! I recently started low carb (which I’ve done umpteen times before) and stumbled across this blog thanks to Pinterest. I made these nachos and they are the BOMB! I’ve also made the chicken wings, the greek pizza, and tonight I made the turkey taco soup. I have 5 children ages 2-18 and they ALL LOVED IT! I feel like a cloud has lifted! Everyone has LOVED everything I’ve made and I feel like I may actually be able to lose weight! I have a long way to go but I’ve lost 10 pounds in a week eating nachos and pizza! Oh also those little chocolate pudding bites! SO GOOD! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

9. says

Thank you for another great low carb option! My family has made the low carb lifestyle change. I did ,however leave the “chips” in the broiler a little too long. But for the first time, and after scraping a little of the burn off it was a big hit. I have lost 11lbs since starting this journey, with great recipes like this we have options and there’s no turning back. Thank you again!