I love the tart, acidic taste of balsamic vinegar paired with savory ingredients like garlic and onion. Roasting these vegetables with the balsamic brings out the sweet component of the vinegar as well. I love to pair this dish with a nice chicken breast stuffed with ricotta cheese and prosciutto. YUM!
Check out some of my other favorite low carb side dish recipes:
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Skillet Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Bacon
- Paprika Roasted Radishes with Onions
- Fried Radish and Cauliflower Hash Browns with Bacon
Roasted Mushrooms, Zucchini and Eggplant with Rosemary
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2 medium zucchinis, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- leaves of 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar, onion flakes, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss until vegetables are coated and ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Bake for 40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes.
Per Serving - Calories - 101 Fat - 9g Protein - 1.3g Total Carbs - 4.6 g Fiber - 1.5g Net Carbs - 3.1g