This Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake is super rich and decadent, with the rich flavors of chocolate and espresso, while still being completely allergen friendly. This keto chocolate cake is nut free, sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free. Best of all, it's made with only 7 ingredients.
While this chocolate espresso flourless cake recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a nut free keto dessert or sugar free cake, the best part is the rich espresso flavor. This recipe doubles up on the chocolate: you've got melted chocolate chunks and cocoa powder, combined with espresso, a bit of vanilla, erythritol for keto friendly sweetness, and buttery (non-dairy!) goodness. Since this recipe has eggs and espresso, it's completely reasonable to call it breakfast, right?
- Instant espresso granules - the instant espresso adds a rich coffee flavor that really pulls out the flavor of the chocolate and complements it perfectly. However, it is not imperative to the success of the cake and can be omitted.
- Chocolate - You have a few different options here. You can use unsweetened baking chocolate, but if you do, you will want to increase the amount of the sweetener. Alternatively, you can use a keto-friendly dark chocolate bar or keto chocolate chips. (Check out my other keto chocolate dessert recipes)
- Vanilla Extract - I recommend using a pure vanilla extract, as opposed to imitation vanilla extract. (I use this brand)
- Sweetener - For flourless chocolate cake recipes, I recommend using a powdered sweetener. Granular will work also, but the cake will have a smoother texture if you use powdered. My favorite is powdered monkfruit. If you are not a fan of monkfruit, you can use the low carb sweetener of your choice.
Step by step instructions
How to make keto flourless chocolate cake - This gluten free cake recipe is incredibly simple. With just 7 ingredients and a few easy steps, you will be enjoying a rich, decadent slice of cake in no time.
1. Set up a double boiler by placing a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan filled with about 1 inch of water. Make sure that the bowl is not touching the water and is suspended above the water line by the rim of the pan. Add the butter and the chocolate to the bowl of the double-boiler.
2. Melt - Bring the water in the pan to a gentle simmer. Stir the butter and the chocolate until melted and smooth
3. Add the sweetener and espresso powder and stir until mostly dissolved, and the batter is free of lumps.
4. Cool - Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
5. Mix - To the bowl, add the eggs, cocoa powder and vanilla extract, and using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until smooth.
6. Prepare the pan - Grease and line an 8 inch springform pan with parchment paper. You can fold pieces to fit, or buy these parchment cake rounds.
7. Pour the batter in the prepared springform pan and bake for 45 minutes, until cooked through, but still has a slightly fudgy center.
8. Cool on a rack before serving.
Frequently asked questions
Easy! Simply substitute butter flavored coconut oil in place of the butter?
I recommend eating it within 5 days. Store covered, at room temperature.
Making this nut free keto cake recipe couldn't be any simpler. It's a matter of melt, mix, and bake. But here are a few of my favorite kitchen tools that will help make the job a little easier.
- Springform pan - this is simply a baking pan with removable sides. It makes removing delicate cakes like this flourless chocolate cake and keto cheesecake recipes a cinch! (get one here)
- Double-boiler - Using a double boiler applies a gentle heat to the bowl, allowing the chocolate to melt, without seizing. I have this one.
- Cooling rack - A cooling rack lets air circulate under the cake, helping the cake to cool evenly (get one here)
- Parchment paper - this will help keep the cake from sticking to the pan and it makes for an easy clean up. You can fold pieces of parchment paper, or you can use precut parchment cake rounds.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE