This Keto Chocolate Espresso Flourless Cake is super rich and decadent, while still being nut free, sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free. What kind of low carb wizardry is this?
Flourless Keto chocolate cake
While this flourless cake recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a nut free keto option or sugar free cake, the best part is the rich espresso flavor. This recipe doubles up on the chocolate: you’ve got melted chocolate chunks and cocoa powder, combined with espresso, a bit of vanilla, erythritol for keto friendly sweetness, and buttery (non-dairy!) goodness. Since this recipe has eggs and espresso, it’s completely reasonable to call it breakfast, right?
Dairy free chocolate cake
Before I started limiting dairy, I didn’t know how I’d be able to part with butter. I have excellent news for all of my dairy free keto friends: butter flavored coconut oil. Yes, it really does taste like butter, with no coconut flavor! You get all the health benefits of coconut oil with an authentic butter flavor that deepens the chocolatey espresso goodness, and makes this cake so tender and fudgy. Butter flavored coconut oil can do anything that regular butter can do, and this keto chocolate cake recipe is the proof. If you’re not dairy free and you want to go with regular butter, you can definitely do that. Just sub the same amount of butter for coconut oil.
Sugar free chocolate
There are a few sugar free chocolate options on the market. My favorite keto chocolate is Lily’s Chocolate because it’s sweetened with stevia and erythritol and has no funky aftertaste. They have a bunch of sugar free chocolate bars, too, and everything bakes like real chocolate because it IS real chocolate. Another one of my favorites is Choc Zero. It is simply delectable.
The best chocolate cake recipe
Gluten free cake isn’t always keto. While there are a bunch of gluten free flour options, most of them are high in carbs. Even if you remove the flour from the equation and go with a flourless gluten free cake, chances are, that cake will be loaded with sugar. That’s why I’m sharing this keto cake recipe. Gluten free AND sugar free, so you don’t have to worry. Let them eat keto cake, that’s what I always say.
Other keto chocolate dessert recipes you might enjoy:
- Keto Chocolate Vanilla Marble Pound Cake
- Keto Brownie Ice Cream
- Nutty Chocolate Keto Granola
- Keto Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Keto Chocolate Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto No Bake Cookies
- Fudgy Double Chocolate Keto Brownies
- Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Keto Flourless Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
Keto Chocolate Espresso Flourless Cake
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: 8-inch Springform Pan (get it here)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- 5 ounces butter or butter flavored coconut oil for a dairy free version
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chunks or chips (I use this brand)
- 1 cup granular erythritol, more to taste (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (get it here)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (get it here)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8-inch springform pan.
- Set up a double boiler by placing a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan filled with about 1 inch of water. Make sure that the bowl is not touching the water and is suspended above the water line by the rim of the pan.
- Add the butter and the chocolate to the bowl and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the sweetener and espresso powder and stir until mostly dissolved.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- To the bowl, add the eggs, cocoa powder and vanilla extract, and using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour the batter in the prepared springform pan and bake for 45 minutes, until cooked through, but still has a slightly fudgy center. Cool on a rack before serving.
net carbs per slice: 2.2g
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 15.4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 3.6g
Keywords: gluten free cake, nut free cake, keto cake recipes, flourless chocolate cake, dairy free chocolate cake, keto recipes, low carb recipes