This 7 ingredients Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake is rich and decadent, while still being allergen friendly. It is nut free, sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free.
- 5 ounces butter or butter flavored coconut oil for a dairy free version
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chunks or chips (I use this brand)
- 1 cup powdered sweetener, more to taste (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (get it here)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (get it here)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8-inch springform pan.
- Set up a double boiler by placing a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan filled with about 1 inch of water. Make sure that the bowl is not touching the water and is suspended above the water line by the rim of the pan.
- Add the butter and the chocolate to the bowl and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the sweetener and espresso powder and stir until mostly dissolved.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- To the bowl, add the eggs, cocoa powder and vanilla extract, and using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour the batter in the prepared springform pan and bake for 45 minutes, until cooked through, but still has a slightly fudgy center. Cool on a rack before serving.
- net carbs per slice: 2.2g
- Greasing and lining the springform pan will make sure that your cake does not stick, and will make for easy clean up.
- The espresso powder adds a delightful coffee flavor, but is not imperative to the success of the recipe and can be omitted.
- If you are looking to make this cake dairy free, simply substitute butter flavored coconut oil in place of the butter.
- If you only have granular sweetener on hand, you can put it in a spice grinder and pulse it until it has reached a powdered consistency.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 15.4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 3.6g
Keywords: gluten free cake, nut free cake, keto cake recipes, flourless chocolate cake, dairy free chocolate cake, keto recipes, low carb recipes