Not only is this chicken dish made with only 5 ingredients, but it is made in the slow cooker. Dinner doesn't get much easier than that. Looking for some other quick meal ideas? I have a whole section on my site dedicated to recipes with 5 ingredients or less. You can find it - Here. Also, don't forget to check out my new book - The Primal Low Carb Kitchen - Comfort Food Recipes for the Carb Conscious Cook.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb slow cooker recipes:
- Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Clam Chowder with Bacon
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
- Slow Cooker Kickin' Chili
- Shredded Taco Pork
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Creamy Mexican Slow Cooker Chicken – Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 - 14 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 batch homemade taco seasoning
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- To the slow cooker, add the sour cream, chicken stock, diced tomatoes with green chilies and taco seasoning. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the chickens breasts to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours
Calories - 262
Protein - 32 g
Fat - 13 g
Carbs - 8.3
Fiber - 2.5
Net Carbs - 5.8 g
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
One of our favorite crock pot recipes. People tell me it taste like restuarant quality
Linette Arnold says
This smelled incredible and the flavors couldn't be beat! Two large chicken breasts could have cooked in 5 hours on low. I should have mixed all the wet ingredients together as the sour cream would have melted in better. I just plopped it on top and had to stir it around. Mixed in Zanthum Gum to thicken. Probably wouldn't add the chicken broth next time. A definite winner!!!