Yesterday was my birthday. I am 37 years young. I had an amazing day. Jon got me the most amazing present ever. He got me a mint great Electra Cruiser, equipped with a basket and a bell. I have wanted a cruiser for years and I am so, so happy! I took it for a spin around the block with our pup Bella in the basket. She loved it. As did I. Since I am 100% dedicated to this journey, I stayed on plan with my food all day. We cooked a lovely dinner at home, enjoyed a couple of low carb libations and even saved room for this sweet treat. If felt so great at the end of the day to know that celebrating does not have to equal a binge. I ended my day with a full heart and a happy tummy.
Note: I realize that cupcakes normally call for frosting, but the gooeyness of these, combined with the melty chocolate chips just screamed cupcake to me and not muffin. This recipe was inspired by a recipe from the lovely and talented Carolyn at All Day I Dream About Food
Check out some of my other favorite low carb chocolate recipes:
- Keto Flourless Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut butter Cake
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes – Low Carb, Gluten Free
Each cupcake has just under 5 net carbs (Depending on the brand of sugar free chocolate chips used)
- Preheat oven to 350° Use a silicone muffin pan, or line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, Swerve, and baking powder. Whisk to combine, making sure that the baking powder is well blended and not clumped.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Then, mix in coconut milk, coffee extract, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing as you pour. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, saving some to sprinkle on top of the cupcakes.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are firm. Allow cupcakes to cool in the tin, on top of a cooling rack.
If you are using unsalted butter, add 1/4 tsp salt to dry ingredients.