Posted by https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/chicken-sausage-and-vegetable-skillet-low-carb-paleo-gluten-free/
© 2015 Peace Love and Low Carb. All rights reserved.
Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet – Low Carb, Gluten Free
- 3 tbsp butter or ghee (get it here)
- 5 chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into moons
- 1 small summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced into moons
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 6 cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the chicken sausage, garlic and onion to the skillet and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper to the pan and saute for an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
I used a pre-cooked sun-dried tomato chicken sausage from Trader Joes for this recipe. You can use any type of sausage you prefer. I have also made it with kielbasa and it was delicious!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (Per Serving) Calories: 317 | Carbs: 9.5 g | Fat: 23 g | Protein: 20 g | Fiber: 1.5 g | Net Carbs: 8 g
Note - These counts can vary greatly depending which type of sausage you use. Please make note of that when choosing your chicken sausage.