This Low Carb Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet is one of my all-time favorite meals. Healthy, easy, and only dirties one pan!
It is almost embarrassing how many times I have eaten this over the last two weeks. I can’t help it. I just love easy skillet meals. Even though I spend a lot of my time cooking, I seem to eat the same things over and over again. Don’t even let me get started about my obsession with eggs… I love how simple this Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet recipe is to make and how clean, yet satisfying the ingredients are. The great thing about this recipe is that you can really use any meat and veggies you have on hand. There is also the added bonus of only dirtying one pan. Healthy, satisfying and only one pan? I’ll take it!
Check out some of my other favorite skillet meals:
- Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Cabbage Noodle Tuna Casserole
- Lemon Garlic Pork Steaks
- Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce
This recipe is a sneak peek into my new book – 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking. Grab a copy HERE
WITH RECIPES LIKE THESE, HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG?
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Pepper
- Cauliflower Steaks with Cheesy Bacon Sauce
- Lemon Mousse
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buttery Garlic Crescent Rolls
- Barbecue Chicken Mockaroni Salad
- Salisbury Steak
- Zucchini Gratin
- Fish Taco Bowls
- and so many more…
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee (ghee or olive oil for Whole30)
- 5 chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into moons
- 1 small summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced into moons
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 6 cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I use this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the chicken sausage, garlic and onion to the skillet and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper to the pan and saute for an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage links are my very favorite for this recipe. They are even Whole30 approved! You can use any type of sausage you prefer. I have also made it with kielbasa and it was delicious!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (Per Serving) Calories: 317 | Carbs: 9.5 g | Fat: 23 g | Protein: 20 g | Fiber: 1.5 g | Net Carbs: 8 g
Note – These counts can vary greatly depending which type of sausage you use. Please make note of that when choosing your chicken sausage.