This Low Carb Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet is one of my all-time favorite meals. Healthy, easy, and only dirties one pan!
It is almost embarrassing how many times I have eaten this over the last two weeks. I can't help it. I just love easy skillet meals. Even though I spend a lot of my time cooking, I seem to eat the same things over and over again. Don't even let me get started about my obsession with eggs... I love how simple this Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet recipe is to make and how clean, yet satisfying the ingredients are. The great thing about this recipe is that you can really use any meat and veggies you have on hand. There is also the added bonus of only dirtying one pan. Healthy, satisfying and only one pan? I'll take it!
Check out some of my other favorite skillet meals:
- Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Cabbage Noodle Tuna Casserole
- Lemon Garlic Pork Steaks
- Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce
Low Carb Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter (butter flavored coconut oil or olive oil for Whole30)
- 5 chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into moons
- 1 small summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced into moons
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 6 cremini mushrooms, quartered
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning (I use this brand)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the chicken sausage, garlic and onion to the skillet and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper to the pan and saute for an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage links are my very favorite for this recipe. They are even Whole30 approved! You can use any type of sausage you prefer. I have also made it with kielbasa and it was delicious!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (Per Serving) Calories: 317 | Carbs: 9.5 g | Fat: 23 g | Protein: 20 g | Fiber: 1.5 g | Net Carbs: 8 g
Note - These counts can vary greatly depending which type of sausage you use. Please make note of that when choosing your chicken sausage.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
I’ve been wanting to try this recipe out for some time, but I never seem to have everything. I used bourbon chicken apple sausage, onions, garlic, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, s&p, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, tarragon. I put it over riced cauliflower. It was delicious!!
My husband and I love this! I’ve made it 3 or 4 times it’s quick and easy and delicious. Had never tried the chicken apple sausage before we love it.
Made this may times. Love it every time. I use HFarms garlic chicken sausage, 2-3 lg zuc and 2 lg squash
This is AMAZING! The only changes I made to your recipe were fresh chicken sausage from my local Publix supermarket (took a bit longer to cook - but they have incredible chicken and turkey sausage). Omitted the red pepper flakes, and used Organic No-Salt Seasoning from COSTCO in addition to the rest spices listed. I am the only one in my family that likes the kick from red pepper flakes. This recipe did not miss this spice at all. I would have given a 10 if there were then many stars. Truly fantastic recipe!
This is one of my all time favorite dinners! It is perfect exactly as written but it is also so easy to swap out ingredients based on preferences or availability. Five stars, A+, I make this a couple times a month using different sausage to keep it interesting. If you haven’t tried this recipe yet, you are missing out!!
OH MY WORD !!!!!!! I made this tonight and it is over the top absolutely heaven. Wow wow wow. All I did was 1/2 the stalk to make it thicker and subbed paprika for smoked as I didn’t have it. I bet it would have been even more mind blowing with the smoked. Thank you! Subscribed. Wonderful !
Yummy! I am marking this delicious chicken sausage with the vegetable recipe for my dinner diet!!! Thanks for sharing this low carb main course...
Thank you for sharing such a great low carb recipe! I just made this to freeze for lunches that work this week and this turned out to be very delicious! Will be making this again!!