- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee (ghee or olive oil for Whole30)
- 5 chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into moons
- 1 small summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced into moons
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 6 cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I use this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the chicken sausage, garlic and onion to the skillet and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper to the pan and saute for an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage links are my very favorite for this recipe. They are even Whole30 approved! You can use any type of sausage you prefer. I have also made it with kielbasa and it was delicious!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (Per Serving) Calories: 317 | Carbs: 9.5 g | Fat: 23 g | Protein: 20 g | Fiber: 1.5 g | Net Carbs: 8 g
Note – These counts can vary greatly depending which type of sausage you use. Please make note of that when choosing your chicken sausage.