These Balsamic Shallot Mushrooms have a rich, complex flavor that the complements just about any main dish. They pair perfectly with a juicy steak and equally as good with some grilled chicken or seared salmon. This is the perfect low carb side recipe.They are also gluten free, paleo, and whole30 compliant
How to make the best sautéed mushrooms
These Balsamic Shallot mushrooms are simply the best. With only minimal ingredients, they are loaded with delicious umami flavor and are even low carb, gluten free, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
In my opinion, the formula for the best sautéed mushrooms is some sort of fat - olive oil, butter, ghee, coconut oil, paired with a flavor enhancer like vinegar, lemon juice or wine, and a healthy dose of alliums like onion, garlic, shallot, leek, or chives.
- Old Fashioned Keto Meatloaf
- Chicken Scallopini with Tomatoes
- Lemon Thyme Pork Chops
- Beef Birria
- Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Peppers
More keto side dish recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print
Balsamic Shallot Mushrooms
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Diet: Diabetic
These Balsamic Shallot Mushrooms have a rich, complex flavor that the complements just about any main dish. They pair perfectly with a juicy steak and equally as good with some grilled chicken or seared salmon. This is the perfect low carb side recipe.
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, or butter flavored coconut oil for Whole30
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- ¼ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and shallot. Sauté until the shallots are tender and translucent - about 3 to 5 minutes.
- To the pan, add the mushrooms, beef stock, balsamic vinegar, parsley and thyme. Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, and then the reduce heat to low and let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce has reduced.
- Taste, and add salt, and pepper, if desired.
- Net carbs per serving: 5g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat in a pan on the stovetop or the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 89kcal
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: keto side dish recipes, whole30 mushroom recipes, low carb mushroom recipes, low carb side dishes, keto mushroom recipes, whole30 side dish recipes, easy mushroom recipes, dairy free keto recipes, paleo mushroom recipes
Georgia S says
These are so flavorful. I love serving them on top of mashed potatoes. YUM!