A quick and easy side dish that pairs perfectly with a juicy steak and equally as good with grilled chicken. Balsamic Shallot Mushrooms
This is the perfect low carb side dish to compliment a nice, juicy steak and a glass of red wine. These Balsamic Shallot Mushrooms are simple to prepare yet have a rich, complex flavor that is sure to make your mouth happy. This is one of my favorite low carb side dishes to serve along our low carb, keto Thanksgiving feast every year.
In addition to these balsamic shallot mushrooms, check out some of my other favorite low carb mushroom recipes:
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Roasted Mushrooms Zucchini and Eggplant with Rosemary
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Low Carb Deep Fried Mushrooms
- Bacon, Blue Cheese, Caramelized Onion Stuffed Mushrooms
- Pan-Seared Balsamic Chicken
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and shallot. Sauté until the shallots are tender and translucent – about 3 to 5 minutes.
- To the pan, add the mushrooms, beef stock, balsamic vinegar, parsley and thyme. Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, and then the reduce heat to low and let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce has reduced.
- Taste, and add salt, and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 89kcal
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g