In addition to these balsamic shallot mushrooms, check out some of my other favorite low carb mushroom recipes:
Balsamic Shallot Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, or butter flavored coconut oil for Whole30
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- ¼ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar (I use this brand) code peaceloveandlowcarb for 15% off
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and shallot. Sauté until the shallots are tender and translucent - about 3 to 5 minutes.
- To the pan, add the mushrooms, beef stock, balsamic vinegar, parsley and thyme. Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, and then the reduce heat to low and let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce has reduced.
- Taste, and add salt, and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 89kcal
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g