Check out some of my other favorite low carb mushroom recipes:
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Roasted Mushrooms Zucchini and Eggplant with Rosemary
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Low Carb Deep Fried Mushrooms
- Bacon, Blue Cheese, Caramelized Onion Stuffed Mushrooms
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Balsamic Shallot Mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and shallot. Sauté until the shallots are tender and translucent - about 3 to 5 minutes.
- To the pan, add the mushrooms, beef stock, balsamic vinegar, parsley and thyme. Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, and then the reduce heat to low and let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce has reduced.
- Taste, and add salt, and pepper, if desired.
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***