These Balsamic Shallot Mushrooms have a rich, complex flavor that the complements just about any main dish. They pair perfectly with a juicy steak and equally as good with some grilled chicken or seared salmon. This is the perfect low carb side recipe.
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, or butter flavored coconut oil for Whole30
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and shallot. Sauté until the shallots are tender and translucent - about 3 to 5 minutes.
- To the pan, add the mushrooms, beef stock, balsamic vinegar, parsley and thyme. Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, and then the reduce heat to low and let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce has reduced.
- Taste, and add salt, and pepper, if desired.
- Net carbs per serving: 5g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat in a pan on the stovetop or the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 89kcal
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: keto side dish recipes, whole30 mushroom recipes, low carb mushroom recipes, low carb side dishes, keto mushroom recipes, whole30 side dish recipes, easy mushroom recipes, dairy free keto recipes, paleo mushroom recipes