I love antipasto. Love it. I used to work at a fine dining restaurant that brought out an antipasto tray to every table before the meal. (“Before the meal” is the literal translation of antipasto.) It was full of fresh vegetables, pickled vegetables and salami. I ate countless amounts of these trays during the time that I worked there. For this recipe, there are lots of fun things you can do. You can skewer them like I did to make kebabs. You can mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl to make an antipasto salad. When I turn it into a salad, I like to toss it with this Balsamic, Shallot Vinaigrette. I did this recipe a little differently and did not list amounts with the ingredients. You can mix and match the ingredients as you please and make as many skewers as you like depending on the number of people you are feeding. But the idea was too good not to share. Enjoy!
- Baby heirloom tomatoes
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Spanish queen green olives
- Kalamata olives
- Marinated fresh mozzarella balls
- Salami, sliced
- Other optional ingredients: cubed sharp cheddar cheese, pepperoni, prosciutto, marinated mushrooms, roasted red peppers
- Thread the ingredients onto the skewers in an alternating fashion. That’s it. Easy peasy and it makes for a beautiful presentation.