This quick and easy Homemade Avocado Oil Mayo is a simple to make and so much better for you than the store-bought versions. It also makes for an excellent dairy free base for homemade condiments, dips, dressings and sauces. If you have tried to make homemade mayonnaise in the past and ending up wasting expensive ingredients only to have a watery mess, then this is the recipe for you.
The best avocado oil mayo
One of my favorite things about mayonnaise is that you can use it to add creaminess to dishes without adding extra dairy.
It's amazing to me how many years I bought store bought mayonnaise when it is so easy to make your own mayonnaise at home. Not to mention, it is so much better for you. Most of the mayos in the store have a lot of nasty things added to them.
How to Make Homemade Mayo
This paleo and Whole30 complaint mayonnaise recipe is absolutely foolproof and sets up perfectly every time with a few simple tips.
How many times have you tried a homemade mayo recipe only to have it be a runny, oily mess? Yeah, me too! I promise that if you do not deviate from the ingredients and you follow the directions exactly as stated, that you will get perfectly thick mayo each and every time. You will see a lot of recipes that tell you the egg needs to be room temperature. I just use an egg straight out of the fridge and it works every time.
- Add the ingredients in the exact order the recipe calls for
- Use an immersion blender (This is the one I use)
- Make sure the jar you are using is not much wider than the head of the immersion blender. If it is too wide, the mayo won't set and will be a runny mess
- Do not turn the immersion blender on until it is submerged in the oil and on top of the egg in the bottom of the jar.
- Keep the immersion blender at the bottom of the jar until the mayo is at least ¾ of the way set. You will want to pull it up and through the oil, but leave it at the bottom. If you see pools of oil throughout, the mayo, you can gently rock the immersion blender back and forth, but leave it at the bottom of the glass. If you pull up and through the oil too fast, you will be left with a soupy mess that cannot be corrected.
How to make homemade mayo
That being said, I cannot stress enough how crucial having an immersion blender is for this recipe, or any mayo really. It is a small investment that is a total game changer in the kitchen and can be used for so many things. Pureeing soups and stews, making dips, dressings and sauces, and so much more. The one that I have even comes with a whisk attachment. No more whisking by hand. Think of how fast you could get egg white to stiff peaks with a powered whisk attachment. WORTH EVERY PENNY!! This is the one that I have and I love it. It is a Kitchenaid
Now go make some deliciously perfect mayonnaise. And when you are done with that, use it to make my Paleo Dill Chicken Salad. SO GOOD!
More Low Carb Condiment and Sauce Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.