Hot crab and artichoke dip has always been one of my favorite appetizers to order when dining out at a restaurant. It is the perfect keto dish! But it is so easy to make at home and it saves you a ton of money. There is also the added bonus of knowing exactly what goes into it. I do miss the crusty sourdough bread that most recipes serve alongside it, but I can be almost as satisfied with some sliced cucumbers and mini bell peppers. They have the perfect amount of crunch. A couple bites into it and I am no longer thinking about bread. I can’t think about anything besides how amazing the dip tastes.
Tip – If buying canned crab meat, look for the refrigerated lump crab meat in the deli of your local grocery store. It will be a much higher, fresher quality than the canned varieties you will find with the dry goods with the canned tuna.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb appetizer recipes:
- Sun-Dried Tomato Garlic Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Southwestern Ranch Dip
- Hot Shrimp and Artichoke Dip
- Greek Onion Dip
- Cheesy Pepperoni Roll-Ups
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip – Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Makes 12 Servings 1x
- 8 oz lump crab meat
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crab meat, artichoke hearts, cheddar cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onion, garlic, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer crab mixture into a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes on top rack.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese over the top and broil on high 3-5 minutes.
Per Serving – Calories: 180 | Fat: 38g | Protein: 10g | Net Carbs: 2.5g
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***