Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Cabbage Casserole. I guarantee it will go into heavy rotation in your home!
This Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Cabbage Casserole is pretty much the recipe trifecta – easy, inexpensive, and DELICIOUS!
Noticing an abundance of low carb cabbage recipes on my site lately? Well, I typed in the wrong quantity on my online grocery order and ended up with a whole lotta cabbage. 5 heads to be exact. I do not waste food, so I went into crazy cabbage mode and created some pretty delicious new low carb cabbage recipes. I’m pretty sure my family doesn’t want to see cabbage gracing their dinner plates any time soon. I took half of this casserole, vacuumed sealed it and threw it in the freezer for another time.
Low carb casseroles are some of my favorite recipes to make. Not only are they are great way to use up leftovers, but they are my favorite kind of low carb comfort food. Cabbage is a favorite of many low carbers because it is inexpensive and easy to prepare. Looking for some other low carb / keto cabbage recipes? Check out my Cabbage Noodle Tuna Casserole, Cabbage Roll Soup, or Fried Cabbage with Kielbasa recipes. Still looking for more, check out this round up of 30 Low Carb Real Food Cabbage Recipes.
CLICK HERE TO ORDER MY NEW BOOK: 30 MINUTE KETOGENIC COOKING
Cheesy Sausage and Cabbage Casserole – Low Carb, Gluten Free
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- medium head green cabbage, quartered, cored and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz smoked sausage, halved and sliced into half moons
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted and the pan is heated, add the cabbage, bell pepper, onion garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Sauté until the vegetable are crisp tender and the cabbage is wilted. About 10 minutes.
- Mix in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and smoked sausage. Sauté for 10 minutes.
- Transer to a large casserole dish, top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with parsley before serving.
Per Serving - Calories: 333 | Fat: 25g | 15.5g | Total Carbs: 11.75g | Fiber: 3.75g | Net Carbs: 8g