This Caramelized Onion and Bacon Dip is rich and delicious. I love to serve it with a medley of fresh vegetables and other crunchy low carb dippers
This Caramelized Onion and Bacon Dip is rich and delicious. I love to serve it with a medley of fresh vegetables and other crunchy low carb dippers – like celery, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, cucumbers, pork rinds or these Parmesan Chive and Garlic Keto Crackers. SO GOOD!
In addition to this Caramelized Onion and Bacon Dip, check out some of my other favorite low carb dip recipes:
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, add the onions and cook until the onions are nice and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add the sherry and garlic and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and parmesan. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside come of the caramelized onions and bacon for the top of the dip.
- Add the remaining caramelized onions, bacon, and parsley to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Top with remaining onions and bacon.
- Serve as is, or transfer to a baking dish and bake at 325°F for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite low carb dippers – celery, sliced bell peppers, cucumber, pork rinds etc.
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3g net
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: low carb recipes, keto recipes, keto dip recipe, low carb onion dip, keto onion dip