This Caramelized Onion and Bacon Dip recipe is rich and creamy and makes the perfect low carb appetizer. Tender onions caramelized in butter and sherry, sautéed garlic, and smokey bacon, mixed with cream cheese, parmesan and sour cream.
Ingredients in Caramelized Onion Dip
- Onion: For this caramelized onion dip, I used white onion. You could also use sweet onions or even red onions.
- Bacon: The bacon adds the perfect amount of saltiness and a nice smokey flavor.
- Cooking sherry: Sherry is a grape wine that is fortified with brandy and has a little salt added. It adds a subtly sweet, nutty flavor. If you do not have any cooking sherry, or cannot find it at your local grocery store, you can use white wine, white wine vinegar, marsala, apple cider vinegar, sherry vinegar, or even dry vermouth.
- Cheese: For this recipe I used cream cheese and parmesan cheese. In place of the cream cheese, you could use mascarpone. In place of the parmesan you could use sharp white cheddar, gruyere, fontina, or any mix of your favorite cheeses.
- Sour Cream: The sour cream in this caramelized onion dip adds a nice tang. You could also use mayo or plain greek yogurt.
How to Make Caramelized Onion and Bacon Dip
STEP 1: Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, add the onions and cook until the onions are nice and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add the sherry and garlic and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
STEP 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and parmesan. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside come of the caramelized onions and bacon for the top of the dip.
STEP 3: Add the remaining caramelized onions, bacon, and parsley to the bowl and mix until well combined.
STEP 4: Top with remaining onions and bacon. Serve as is, or transfer to a baking dish and bake at 325°F for 20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh veggies and pork rinds
- Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers
- Garlic Parmesan Keto Crackers
- Keto Everything Buns
More Keto Dip Recipes
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print