Broiled Skirt Steak with Low Carb French Onion Gravy. Skirt steak is a great way for a family of 4 to enjoy steak for dinner without breaking the bank.
Broiled Skirt Steak with Low Carb French Onion Gravy
Skirt steak is a great way for a family of 4 to enjoy steak for dinner without breaking the bank. It is super easy and fast to prepare. This recipe definitely comes husband and kid approved. The french onion gravy in this recipe is outstanding on top of the this Chive Horseradish Cauliflower Mash. I like to serve this steak recipe with a big ol' side of Skillet Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb steak recipes:
- Lemon Garlic Pork Steaks with Mushrooms
- Chicken Fried Steak with Creamy Sausage Gravy
- Balsamic Flat Iron Steak and Eggs
- Seared Steak with Balsamic Shallot Pan Sauce
- Balsamic Flat Iron Steak Salad
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Season steak on both sides with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper. Place the steak on a broiling pan and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the onions, garlic, Worcestershire, thyme and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to the pan. Sauté until the onions are nice and caramelized, about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the onions are caramelized, add beef stock and dijon mustard to the pan. Mix in. Bring stock to a boil and then reduce heat to low and let simmer, about 10 minutes.
- Mix the sour cream into the sauce and continue simmering until thickened. Taste, and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Heat the oven on broil.
- Broil the steak on the top rack for 5-7 minutes or until it has reached the desired level of doneness.
- Divide steak into 4 portions and top each portion with the onion gravy before serving.
Linda Sisz says
Love these recipes
Oh my, this looks delicious! Thank you for sharing!