These Low Carb Beef Tips in Mushroom Brown Gravy are tender and delicious and the pan sauce makes a fantastic gravy for cauliflower mash.
All during my childhood, if anyone were to ask me what my favorite food was, I would emphatically and loudly exclaim that it was mashed potatoes and gravy. That unwavering love lasted well into adulthood. In fact, it would still be alive and well today if I could get away with eating that many potatoes. I came up with a lot of creative cauliflower recipes that helped curb the potato craving, but coming up with a tasty low carb and gluten free gravy was definitely necessary too. The mushroom brown gravy in this recipe is so great over mashed cauliflower or even over chicken or pork. It is very versatile and oh so flavorful. I hope you like it just as much as we do. We served this over top of Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
Check out some of my other favorite low carb beef recipes:
- Cumin Spiced Beef Wraps
- Paleo Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Beef and Chorizo Empanadas
- Low Carb Teriyaki Beef Tops
- Beef Stroganoff Burgers
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- Season beef chunks generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the beef to the pan and sear on both sides until nice and browned.
- Remove the beef from the pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the butter, shallot and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the mushrooms to the pan. Sauté until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the liquid has evaporated.
- Deglaze the pan with the beef broth and use a rubber spatula to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan and mix in. Add the heavy cream to the pan and mix in.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat to low.
- Let simmer on low, stirring occasionally until the sauce has started to thicken. About 10 minutes.
- Add the beef back to the pan and coat in the sauce. Let cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until the meat is tender and the sauce has finished thickening.
Per Serving: Calories: 561 | Fat: 44g | Protein: 36 g | Total Carbs: 5.5g | Fiber: 0.5g | Net Carbs: 5g