These Low Carb Beef Tips in Mushroom Brown Gravy are tender and delicious and the pan sauce makes a fantastic gravy for cauliflower mash.
These Low Carb Beef Tips in Mushroom Brown Gravy are nostalgia in a recipe
All during my childhood, if anyone were to ask me what my favorite food was, I would emphatically and loudly exclaim that it was mashed potatoes and gravy. That unwavering love lasted well into adulthood. In fact, it would still be alive and well today if I could get away with eating that many potatoes.
This recipe offers a low carb option for when I’m really wanting to enjoy a meal from my childhood. I hope you’ll enjoy it, too!
Variations on this keto cauliflower recipe
I came up with a lot of creative cauliflower recipes that helped curb the potato craving, but coming up with a tasty low carb and gluten free gravy was definitely necessary too. The mushroom brown gravy in this recipe is so great over mashed cauliflower or even over chicken or pork. It is very versatile and oh so flavorful. We served this over top of Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
In addition to this keto beef recipe, check out some of my other favorite low carb beef recipes:
- Cumin Spiced Beef Wraps
- Paleo Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Beef and Chorizo Empanadas
- Low Carb Teriyaki Beef Tops
- Beef Stroganoff Burgers
- Keto Mongolian Beef
- Flat Iron Steak with Horseradish Gremolata
- 2 pounds stir fry beef
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Season beef chunks generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the beef to the pan and sear on both sides until nice and browned.
- Remove the beef from the pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the butter, shallot and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the mushrooms to the pan. Sauté until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the liquid has evaporated.
- Deglaze the pan with the beef broth and use a rubber spatula to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan and mix in. Add the heavy cream to the pan and mix in.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat to low.
- Let simmer on low, stirring occasionally until the sauce has started to thicken. About 10 minutes.
- Add the beef back to the pan and coat in the sauce. Let cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until the meat is tender and the sauce has finished thickening.
5g net carbs per serving
- Calories: 561
- Fat: 44g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 36g
Keywords: low carb comfort food, keto cauliflower recipes, keto comfort food, keto beef recipes
30 MINUTE KETOGENIC COOKING 50+ Mouthwatering Low-Carb Recipes to Save You Time and Money
Check out my other books – HERE
I am so excited to help with a problem that so many people struggle with – Not having enough time! I can’t even count how many times I have heard people say that they just don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals. So, what if I told you that I wrote an entire book of recipes that only require 30 minutes of hands-on time or less?
That’s right, every recipe inside can be completed in 30 minutes or less and only contains ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. No funny specialty ingredients here! Only real, whole foods!
50+ Mouthwatering recipes, ready in 30 minutes or less
STARTERS AND SNACKS
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mediterranean Flat Bread
- Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
- Buttery Garlic Crescent Rolls
- Tahini Ranch Dip
- Pico De Gallo
- Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Taco Wedge Salad
- Cucumber Dill Tuna Salad
- Barbecue Chicken Mockaroni Salad
LUNCH AND DINNER
- Pork Chops with Herbed Goat Cheese Butter
- Spicy Sausage and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- Zucchini Noodles with Hamburger Gravy
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
- Greek Meatballs
- Grilled New York Steak with Blue Cheese Dijon Cream Sauce
- Fish Taco Bowls
- Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Shrimp Piccata
- Salisbury Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Dijon Cider Dressing
- Green Onion and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Zucchini Gratin
- Sauteed Asparagus with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Cauliflower Steaks with Cheesy Bacon Sauce
- Sauteed Green Beans with Ham
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Double Chocolate Flourless Brownies
- Lemon Mousse
- Sesame Shortbread Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding