- 2 pounds stir fry beef
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Season beef chunks generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the beef to the pan and sear on both sides until nice and browned.
- Remove the beef from the pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the butter, shallot and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the mushrooms to the pan. Sauté until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the liquid has evaporated.
- Deglaze the pan with the beef broth and use a rubber spatula to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan and mix in. Add the heavy cream to the pan and mix in.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat to low.
- Let simmer on low, stirring occasionally until the sauce has started to thicken. About 10 minutes.
- Add the beef back to the pan and coat in the sauce. Let cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until the meat is tender and the sauce has finished thickening.
5g net carbs per serving
- Calories: 561
- Fat: 44g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 36g
Keywords: low carb comfort food, keto cauliflower recipes, keto comfort food, keto beef recipes