Warm, delicious and bit size! These Bacon Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onion stuffed mushrooms are the perfect low carb appetizer.
I know the title is a mouthful but so are these stuffed mushrooms… A mouth full of goodness. These keto stuffed mushrooms are the perfect appetizer to take to your next get together. They are always a crowd pleaser. Every time I have taken these stuffed mushrooms to a party, they are always the first appetizer gone.
Here is a little tip for cooking these beauties. Use a mini muffin tin to cook the mushrooms. It will hold them snugly in place and keep them from falling over and losing their toppings. Enjoy!
Check out some of my other favorite low carb stuffed mushroom recipes:
- Low Carb Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Balsamic Shallot Mushrooms
- Low Carb Deep Fried Mushrooms
- Mushroom Risotto with Cauliflower Rice
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Thoroughly wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. Finely chop the stems and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add the butter, garlic, onions, salt and pepper. Cook until the onions are nice and caramelized. About 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped mushroom stems, caramelized onions, bacon, cream cheese, and blue cheese. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with the mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Take the mushrooms out of the oven and top each one with shredded Parmesan. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.