- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Thoroughly wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. Finely chop the stems and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add the butter, garlic, onions, salt and pepper. Cook until the onions are nice and caramelized. About 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped mushroom stems, caramelized onions, bacon, cream cheese, and blue cheese. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with the mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Take the mushrooms out of the oven and top each one with shredded Parmesan. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour