The Low Carb Deep Fried Mushrooms will curb that craving for greasy bar food!
Missing those delicious fried appetizers at your favorite restaurant??? These Low Carb Deep Fried Mushrooms will curb that craving. I served them with my Roasted Red Pepper Aioli Sauce. I used jarred, marinated whole button mushrooms to make these. Normally I use fresh mushrooms in my recipes. However, with this recipe using jarred mushrooms is the way to go. The breading crisps really fast and fresh mushrooms would not have enough time to cook all the way through without burning the breading. I like to fry in avocado oil. It has a very high smoke point. This is the brand I prefer.
In addition to these Low Carb Deep Fried Mushrooms, check out some of my other favorite low carb appetizer recipes:
- Garlic Dill Bakes Cucumber Chips
- Antipasto Kebobs
- Low Carb Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Low Carb Fried Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Makes 4 Servings 1x
- 2 jars whole button mushrooms
- 2 cups pork rinds, crushed
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large ggg
- Oil for frying
- Drain liquid from mushrooms and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder into a food processor and pulse until the mixture becomes fine and flour like.
- In a shallow dish, combine heavy cream and egg to make a wash. Fork whisk until they are well blended.
- Heat an inch of oil over medium-high heat. I use a high sided wok for stove-top deep frying. The high sides reduce splatter and make clean up a cinch.
- Coat each mushroom in the breading mixture, dip in the egg wash, and then coat in the breading mixture a second time.
- Once the oil is heated and begins to bubble, drop breaded mushrooms in oil and fry until breading is crispy – About 2 minutes each side. Try not to flip the mushrooms too many times as this will cause the breading to fall off.
- After removing mushrooms from oil, allow to cool on a paper towel to soak up excess grease. This will also give the breading a chance to crisp up so that it stays on.
Per Serving – Calories: 414 | Fat: 30g | Protein: 32g | Net Carbs: 4.5g
Popular on the Blog This Week:
Keto Sausage Balls
Broiled Skirt Steak with Low Carb French Onion Gravy
Keto Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Perfect Keto Boosted Coffee with MCT Oil Powder
Keto Cinnamon Sugar (free) Bagels
Herbed Butter Roasted Chicken
Keto Soft Pretzels
24 Creative Low Carb and Gluten Free Cauliflower Rice Recipes
Cajun Trinity Keto Crab Cakes
Three Cheese Garlic Marinara Sauce
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Vanilla Maple Keto Granola - gluten free