These paleo Almond Joy Copy Cat Lara Bars are out of this world. It is surprising how much flavor you can get from just four simple ingredients. This is one of my favorite healthy treats to toss in my hiking pack to help fuel that extra burst of energy on longer hikes. With a recipe this simple, there is no excuse not to make. Why pay a premium for the store-bought version when you can make your own. Be sure to check out this Pumpkin Pie Fruit and Nut Bar recipe also.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb snack recipes:
- Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Roasted Pecans
- 21 Low Carb Smoothie Recipes
- Garlic Dill Cucumber Chips
- Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries
- 40 Low Carb Gluten Free Cracker and Chip Recipes
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Copycat Lara Bars – Almond Joy Fruit and Nut Bars
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 8 Bars 1x
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup Deglet Noor dates, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Grind the almonds in a food processor until they are finely chopped. Add dates, coconut, and cocoa powder. Pulse until all ingredients are combined and evenly sized.
- Pour mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap. Use your hands to press and form the mixture into a compact rectangular shape. Tightly wrap the plastic wrap around it and refrigerate for 1 hour. This will allow it to firm up and make it easier to cut into bars.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 8 bars.
- Individually wrap the bars in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge.
Per Serving - Calories: 162 | Fat: 9g | Protein: 4g | Net Carbs: 17g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***
Horton Family Fun says
These are amazing! I added a tablespoon of coconut oil to moistion. We made these thinking we would package separately and eat for breakfast but they were so good we ate all them on about 2 days:)
Do you think almond flour would work in this recipe instead of whole almonds?
I tried making these tonight. They taste amazing, but didn't stick together. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?
Kyndra Holley says
Maybe add just a few more dates in. Also, it does take some time to form them. You want to make sure you get it nice and compact. Also, maybe leave it in the fridge a little longer before slicing.
Lisa Jones says
These look so good Kyndra! Thanks so much for the recipe! 🙂
Cece Mayer says
Wow, all these ingredients ARE amazing, and I have em all! Going to go right now and try this, ASAP! Im CeCe from CA, and I found this recipe suggested thru Just eat real food. As it should be!! Thankxxxxxxxxxxxx ..:) ~~
is there any to print this recpie off ?
Kyndra Holley says
There is a print button if you mouse over the plus sign next to all of the share buttons at the bottom of the post
Sarah Fit-ABulous says
That looks amazing! I love fruit and nut bars!