"Just Like The Real Thing" LASAGNA!!

“JUST LIKE THE REAL THING” LASAGNA
This dish is easy to make and tastes just like the real thing.  I served it to my husband without telling him that I made a low carb version and he had no idea.  Once I told him, he was even more impressed.

INGREDIENTS
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Dried Basil
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)
DIRECTIONS
-For the “Noodles” – This part will take the longest so feel free to make the “noodles” the night before and just leave them in the fridge until you are ready for them.

Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper

In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and eggs.
Next, add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder.  Mix until all ingredients are well combined.  Using a rubber spatula, fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.
With a rubber spatula, spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming a nice even layer.  Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes.
When the “noodles” are done baking, cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then cut into thirds.  This makes three perfectly sized “noodle” layers for an 8.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 loaf pan.
-For the Filling-
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, combine ground beef, minced onion, oregano, garlic powder, dried basil and a pinch of salt.  Cook until meat is browned.
Drain excess fat from pan and add ¾ Cup marinara sauce to meat.  Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into bottom of loaf pan.  Top with the first “noodle” layer
Layer a third of the ground beef mixture.  Top with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and 3 Tbs. ricotta cheese, and cover with another “noodle” layer.  Repeat these steps.
Cover the top “noodle” layer with remaining ground beef, and mozzarella cheese.  Sprinkle Italian seasoning over top.  Bake for 20 minutes.
Prep Time – 30 Minutes
Cook Time – 40 Minutes
Makes Servings: 4
Per Serving:
Calories – 486
Protein – 57 g
Carbs – 9.5 net g
Fat – 34 g
You can order my books -Here
Or on Amazon - Here

All Books

***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***

***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***

Comments

1. says

I’ve found a pasta sauce that has a really low carb count. It’s 3 or 4 per 1/2 cup serving (can’t remember for sure). The brand is “Rao’s” and it’s really great. Lasagna is one of my faves, I usually pick around the noodles, but I’ll try these next time. Thanks!!!

2. says

Very good indeed…even the bottomless pit guys in my house chose ‘my side’ of the lasagna over theirs with regular noodles! I tweaked it with fresh garlic, onion and basil in the meat mixture and loved the ‘noodles’ – thanks for all your work in making some great recipes!

3. says

I made the pizza crust, even though is not crunchy it was very good, after done it my toppings were: mozzarella, ricotta, spinach, onions, red bell pepper, black olives and sausage, OMG it was sooooooooo good! Thank you very much for this delicious recipe. I enjoyed it a lot….

4. says

First we found your nachos and now Low Carb Lasagna?? Really?!?!? God Bless You, Holley!!! I just asked my wife is we could invite you to be her first sister wife. LOL

5. says

OMG.. BY far THE best recipe I have tried for Lasagna Low Carb or NOT!! I made mine in two small loaf pans since I didn’t have a regular loaf pan and my husband couldn’t stop eating it (and he’s not the one dieting!)

6. says

Made this tonight…O.M.G. delicious!!! Loved, loved, loved the “noodles”! Doubled the noodles so I could make a larger dish of this. I can’t rave enough about it. Thank you!

7. Doris says

Thank you for this recipe! My husband is diabetic and I was looking for recipe alternatives (lasagna is my fav) that were low carb—plus no zucchini “noodles”. I cannot wait to try it out this weekend ^_^ Please keep up the great work and add more recipes.

• Doris says

To follow-up, I made this last night since we had some left over ricotta in the fridge. My husband said it was better than original lasagna (w/noodles). Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This will definitely be part of my dinner rotation ^_^

8. Karen G. says

I made this for Superbowl Sunday and it was AWESOME! Thank you so much! This Italian and her super PICKY husband loved it!!!

9. Paulette says

OMG!!! I love you for posting this!!! I have been looking for a low carb version as I love my lasagna and was unsure what to use for the noodles. THANK YOU!!!

10. Kim says

This was awesome, , I made it for my family and now am making it for a dinner party. . I am excited to share this with my friends.
    Thank you for the great ideas.

11. Deanne says

I made this last night and my husband and I were in heaven. This is incredible and really easy.

12. Melanie says

Any chance you can create a white sauce version? My husband can’t have tomato-ey stuff. I will, however, be trying this for me :).

13. Judith Stone says

Has anyone tried to make this ahead of time? I would like to assemble and then bake the next night. Or should I bake it and reheat it?

14. Mellie J says

Does this freeze well? When I make lasagna I usually make a double batch and freeze / cook it in smaller baking dishes since I’m cooking for one (most of the time).

Thanks!

15. Valerie says

I made this last night and my husband and I loved it. Such a great idea. I’ve tried the zucchini style lasagna and it just didn’t do it for me, but this is awesome!! Thanks for the great recipes.

16. says

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! What a clever way to make a substitute for noodles! And so delicious! My husband, who can eat anything and never gain an ounce was over the moon, and did not notice the “faux” noodles. I used my own marinara sauce (basically the same but without the added cheese) and gave it a little depth with some hot paprika paste, and used fresh herbs and garlic. I can`t wait to try more of your recipes. You have talent, gal!