These Keto French Toast Egg Puffs are the perfect cross between cream cheese pancakes and all the delicious flavors of low carb french toast.
Keto French Toast is the best French Toast
Okay, so this may not be the traditional French toast recipe you are used to, but it is a delicious low carb French toast recipe that is sure to become a new family favorite. This one comes to you husband and kid approved. While regular French toast is made with some sort of bread, this keto French toast recipe contains no bread whatsoever. In fact, the main ingredient is eggs. You may be asking yourself “Eggs and syrup? Is she crazy?” and I don’t blame you. But I promise you that after the first bite, you will be hooked.
Let’s talk different ways to make low carb french toast
There are a lot of different low carb french toast variations floating around out there. Keto French toast sticks, cloud bread French toast, 90 second bread French toast, keto French toast with peanut butter, gluten free French toast… the possibilities are endless. The common thing among most of those recipes is that they call for some sort of low carb bread recipes. Now I think we all know that low carb bread recipes can be really hit or miss. And when they are a miss it can be really frustrating because they typically call for expensive ingredients. Well, for this variation we are making Keto French Toast Egg Puffs. No keto bread whatsoever. They have all the delicious flavors of a traditional French toast recipe, but with the yummy texture of cream cheese pancakes.
My Favorite Keto Breakfast Recipes
When it comes to the ultimate keto breakfast recipe, there are a few different recipes that come to mind – Keto Sausage Balls, Keto Eggs Benedict Casserole, and Keto Chicken Fried Steak, to name a few. But when I think of the perfect Saturday morning keto breakfast, it is always going to include low carb pancakes, low carb waffles, or low carb French toast. Along with a huge plate of bacon, of course.
Let’s Talk Low carb Sweeteners
Now let’s talk low carb sweeteners. Obviously, you can use you preferred keto sweetener of choice, but I will tell you my two favorite to use with this recipe, or any keto recipe for that matter. My two favorite sweeteners are Erythritol and Monk Fruit. Why? Because they are natural sweeteners and they are not known to spike blood sugar levels. If you aren’t familiar with the ins and outs of erythritol, I have a post that gives the skinny. What is erythritol?
The Syrup, Oh the Keto Maple Syrup
I’ll give you the low down here as well. I have tried a lot of low carb syrup brands. Most of them are filled with scary ingredients and can cause some serious digestive distress. In fact, I wrote a whole post about it. Eat This, Not That – The Sugar-Free Maple Syrup Edition
The keto maple syrup I used with this recipe is hands down the best sugar-free maple syrup I have ever tried. I use Lakanto Sugar-Free Maple Syrup. It is very clean tasting and doesn’t have any funky aftertaste. It has no artificial colors, no artificial flavorings, and it is dairy free, sugar free, gmo free, and gluten free WIN! You can grab some HERE. Use code PEACE for 20% off
In addition to this keto French toast recipe, check out some of my other favorite keto breakfast recipes:
- Keto Chicken and Waffles
- Low Carb Keto Everything Bagels
- Nutty Chocolate Keto Granola
- Keto Chocolate Muffins
- Low Carb Keto Banana Nut Protein Pancakes
- Keto Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Keto White Cheddar Sausage Breakfast Biscuits
Keto French Toast Egg Puffs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 egg muffins 1x
- 8 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons granular monkfruit (I use this brand) Code PEACE for 20% off
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon powdered monkfruit, for dusting (optional)
- Sugar-Free Maple Syrup, for serving (optional) (I use this brand) Code PEACE for 20% off
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Use a silicone muffin pan or lightly grease a 12-well muffin pan.
- Combine the eggs, cream cheese, cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, coconut flour, granular erythritol, and baking soda in a blender. Blend until the ingredients are well incorporated. You may need to use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Pour the batter into the wells of the muffin pan, filling each well nearly to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the egg puffs have risen and are no longer runny in the center. Remove from the oven and let rest in the pan for 5 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to slide each puff out of the pan.
- Before serving, dust each puff with powdered erythritol, if using.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
NET CARBS PER SERVING: 2.5g
- Serving Size: 2 egg muffins
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 11.5g
Keywords: keto french toast, low carb french toast, keto recipes, low carb recipes, low carb breakfast, breakfast recipes
30 MINUTE KETOGENIC COOKING 50+ Mouthwatering Low-Carb Recipes to Save You Time and Money
Check out my other books – HERE
I am so excited to help with a problem that so many people struggle with – Not having enough time! I can’t even count how many times I have heard people say that they just don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals. So, what if I told you that I wrote an entire book of recipes that only require 30 minutes of hands-on time or less?
That’s right, every recipe inside can be completed in 30 minutes or less and only contains ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. No funny specialty ingredients here! Only real, whole foods!
50+ Mouthwatering recipes, ready in 30 minutes or less
STARTERS AND SNACKS
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mediterranean Flat Bread
- Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
- Buttery Garlic Crescent Rolls
- Tahini Ranch Dip
- Pico De Gallo
- Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Taco Wedge Salad
- Cucumber Dill Tuna Salad
- Barbecue Chicken Mockaroni Salad
- Fortune Cookie Waffles
- Ham and Spinach Eggs Benedict
- Cheesy Pico Eggs
- Sausage Balls
- Sour Cream and Chive Egg Clouds
- Ham and Cheese Waffles
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Frittata
LUNCH AND DINNER
- Pork Chops with Herbed Goat Cheese Butter
- Spicy Sausage and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- Zucchini Noodles with Hamburger Gravy
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
- Greek Meatballs
- Grilled New York Steak with Blue Cheese Dijon Cream Sauce
- Fish Taco Bowls
- Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Shrimp Piccata
- Salisbury Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Dijon Cider Dressing
- Green Onion and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Zucchini Gratin
- Sauteed Asparagus with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Cauliflower Steaks with Cheesy Bacon Sauce
- Sauteed Green Beans with Ham
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Double Chocolate Flourless Brownies
- Lemon Mousse
- Sesame Shortbread Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding