This Keto Coffee Barbecue Pork Belly is perfectly crispy outside, while being tender and juicy on the inside. The coffee flavor, paired with the sweet and savory barbecue flavor is a match made in heaven.
If you are a fan of crispy pork belly, then this recipe is sure to become a favorite
Smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, sea salt, espresso powder, and keto-friendly brown sugar substitute combine to make a delicious dry rub with just a little kick of spice and a whole lot of flavor. Rub that all over 2 pounds of pork belly and cook with beef stock, and the result is a tender, juicy, perfectly cooked pork belly with a slightly caramelized, crispy crunchy crust. Is there anything better? I certainly don't think there is. Although admittedly, I go the easy route quite often and buy the precooked kind from Trader Joes. Then all I have to do is sprinkle on some low carb barbecue dry rub and pan-fry it to get it nice and crispy. SO, SO GOOD! Can you tell that I am a huge fan of pork belly in all its delicious forms?
How to cook pork belly
Pork belly is actually really easy to cook, but it intimidates a lot of people for some reason. This method is fool proof. By coating the pork belly with a bit of olive oil, the dry rub will form a nice crust on the outside to lock in all of the flavor and juices. Adding beef stock helps to keep all that moisture from evaporating during the cooking process. The best part? The beef stock will cook down a bit, mixing with excess dry rub. You can drizzle the sauce on greens and plate for a perfectly balanced keto meal. From there, it is sliced and then pan-fried to get a perfectly crispy outside, while still being tender and juicy inside.
Store bought sugar free barbecue sauce? Or homemade bbq sauce?
While I appreciate a good keto barbecue sauce on pulled pork or even grilled chicken, for this recipe, the dry rub is key. Pork belly needs a dry rub in order to achieve that super satisfying crunch. Trust me on this: go the dry rub route with pork belly. The flavor and juiciness of this keto pork belly recipe are locked in by the two-part cooking method. First the pork belly is baked in the oven to give it that tender and juicy texture on the inside, then it is pan-fried to get that perfectly crispy outside. The dry rub is part of what achieves this, and you just wouldn't get the same results using a low carb barbecue sauce... or a high carb barbecue sauce for that matter.
Pair this Coffee Barbecue Pork Belly with some of my favorite keto side dish recipes:
- Loaded Mock Keto Potato Salad
- Pork Belly Wedge Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- Skillet Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Paprika Roasted Radishes with Onions
Coffee Barbecue Pork Belly
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the beef stock in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- In a small bowl, mix together the barbecue dry rub and espresso powder until well combined.
- Place the pork belly, skin side up in a shallow dish and drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over top, rubbing it over the entire pork belly.
- Sprinkle the rub all over the pork belly and rub in well to evenly distribute.
- Pour the hot stock around the pork belly and cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Slice into 8 thick slices, or 16 slices if you like a crispier pork belly.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sear each slice for 3 minutes on each side or until desired level of crispiness is reached.
Net carbs per serving: 2.6g
- Calories: 644
- Fat: 68g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4g
- Fiber: .8g
- Protein: 24g
Keywords: pork belly recipes, barbecue recipes, low carb recipes, keto recipes, sugar free barbecue, low carb bbq, pork belly, low carb pork recipes, keto pork belly
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books - HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY - HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!