These Chicken Pot Pie Egg Muffins are a low carb version of the classic comfort food. You can prep these keto egg muffins ahead and enjoy on the go.
Chicken Pot Pie Egg Muffins: low carb comfort food with a protein boost
Chicken pot pie is pretty much the epitome of comfort food. It also happens to be a dish that many people following a low carb and gluten free lifestyle think they have to avoid. That is simply not the case.
Fitting your favorite foods into a low carb template just takes a little creativity and a willingness to prepare your own food. Obviously you have that willingness or you would be here looking for low carb recipes.
Making a gluten free Chicken pot pie into an egg muffin
Chicken Pot Pies are one of my husbands favorite foods. I made a low carb and gluten free Chicken Pot Pie Recipe and when I tasted the filling, I thought to myself "This would be really good with eggs." Thus, this recipe was born. If you know me, then it is no surprise to you that I think almost everything is better with eggs. After all, they are natures perfect food!
How to cook egg muffins
My secret to perfect egg muffins is to use a silicone muffin tray. They pop right out and clean up in a cinch. Win/win!
In addition to these Chicken Pot Pie Egg Muffins, check out some of my other favorite low carb egg recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins
- Taco Egg Muffins
- Reuben Egg Muffins
- Holley's Ham and Swiss Egg Muffins
- Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- Pizza Eggs
- Cheese and Chive Keto Souffles
Chicken Pot Pie Egg Muffins - Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Yield: 14 Egg Muffins (7 Servings) 1x
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ cup onion, diced (about 2.5 oz)
- ½ cup celery, sliced (2 medium ribs)
- ½ cup carrots, slices (about 2.5 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 oz chicken, cubed small
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 12 large eggs
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic and a little salt and pepper to the pan. Sauté until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sauté until it is cooked though.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken stock, and Dijon mustard to the pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix in ½ cup of the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in peas.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and fork whisk. Mix the chicken pot pie mixture into the eggs.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin and ladle the mixture into each well. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
4.6g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 2 Egg Muffins
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 22g