Chicken pot pie is pretty much the epitome of comfort food. It also happens to be a dish that many people following a low carb and gluten free lifestyle think they have to avoid. That is simply not the case. Fitting your favorite foods into a low carb template just takes a little creativity and a willingness to prepare your own food. Obviously you have that willingness or you would be here looking for low carb recipes. Chicken Pot Pies are one of my husbands favorite foods. I made a low carb and gluten free Chicken Pot Pie Recipe and when I tasted the filling, I thought to myself “This would be really good with eggs” Thus, this recipe was born. If you know me, then it is no surprise to you that I think almost everything is better with eggs. After all, they are natures perfect food!
My secret to perfect egg muffins is to use a silicone muffin tray. They pop right out and clean up in a cinch. Win/win!
Check out some of my other favorite low carb Egg Muffin recipes:
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:Print
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (about 2.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced (2 medium ribs)
- 1/2 cup carrots, slices (about 2.5 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 oz chicken, cubed small
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 12 large eggs
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic and a little salt and pepper to the pan. Sauté until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sauté until it is cooked though.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken stock, and Dijon mustard to the pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in peas.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and fork whisk. Mix the chicken pot pie mixture into the eggs.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin and ladle the mixture into each well. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
Per Serving – Calories: 334 | Fat: 25g | Protein: 22g | Total Carbs: 5.6g | Fiber: 1g | Net Carbs – 4.6g
- Serving Size: 2 Egg Muffins