Have you ever had a taco omelet? This recipe is like a more portable version of that same omelet. The perfect recipe to make ahead of time and eat for breakfast throughout the week. Egg muffins are one of my favorite ways to use up leftovers. Just take any leftover meat and vegetables I have on hand, whisk them in with some eggs and bake them into beautifully delicious little breakfast muffins. Two of my favorite variations are these Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins and these Chicken Pot Pie Egg Muffins. I even have an entire round up of 28 Grab and Go Low Carb, Keto Egg Muffin Recipes.
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- Preheat oven to 350° Lightly oil a muffin tin. Or you can use a non-stick silicone bakeware. (Get it here) In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef and onions. Sauté until ground beef is browned. Drain excess grease from pan. Mix in 1/3 cup water and taco seasoning. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- In a large mixing bowl, fork whisk eggs. Mix in cheese, bell peppers, and olives.
- Mix meat into egg mixture. Pour mixture into muffin tin. This should fill 12 spots. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top each muffin with sour cream and salsa prior to serving.
Per Serving – Calories: 330 | Fat: 17g | Protein: 21g | Net Carbs: 6g
- Serving Size: 2 Egg Muffins
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***