Two traditional bar appetizers just got a major makeover with this recipe. How about instead of choosing between jalapeno poppers or buffalo chicken wings, you just get both in one dish with the Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers?
Jalapeño poppers + buffalo chicken dip = buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers
A delicious low carb spin on two classic appetizers. These buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers have all the amazing flavors of traditional jalapeño poppers and buffalo chicken wings combined. I like to serve them with a big side of my Keto Avocado Ranch Dressing. They are the perfect appetizer for a low carb potluck, Super Bowl Sunday or even just your average idle Tuesday. These buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers are quick and easy to make and are always a crowd pleaser.
looking for low carb appetizer recipes and keto cocktails?
Two of the most common questions I get asked are about low carb appetizer recipes to take to parties and whether or not you can have alcohol on a low carb diet. I got asked this question so much in fact, that I decided to write a book about it. Yep, that’s right! I wrote an entire book full of low carb cocktail and appetizer recipes. Keto Happy hour has something for every season. These buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers are a sneak peek inside the book!
KETO HAPPY HOUR: 50 Low Carb Craft Cocktails to Quench Your Thirst.
Check out my other books – HERE
So it’s Friday night and you’re feeling alright. You’re ready to dance the night away with a cocktail in your hand. OR, if you are more like me, you want to have a cocktail at home with friends. But how do you know what to drink? What is the best alcohol for a low carb diet. Or what alcohol is lowest in carbs?
First, I’m going to break down the carbs in alcohol for you. Check out my Complete Guide to Carbs in Alcohol. If you’re wondering… Can you have alcohol on a low carb diet? Is alcohol keto? You might be saying to yourself “But wait? I can’t! I’m low carb.” Well, you are NOT low carb. You’re are a person following a low carb lifestyle. Do not be defined by your dietary decisions. Doing so will lead to a life of restriction and feeling restricted often causes us to stray from our intended path. Besides, who wants to pass up low carb gummy worms. Especially when they are boozy low carb gummy worms.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
I know that it can be tricky to navigate alcohol on a low carb diet, so I’m taking all the guess work out of it for you. I’ll show you how to indulge, while still sticking to your healthy living, ketogenic lifestyle. If you think you can no longer have those delicious Moscow Mules at happy hour with your friends, or that you have to skip those margaritas on Taco Tuesday, think again! I’m putting your favorite drinks back on the menu, the low carb menu, that is.
Whether you are craving a cocktail after a long day of work, or looking to do some healthy entertaining, this book has you covered. From mixers, to drinks and even some pub grub. It’s all in there! Mixing up cocktails should be fun and it shouldn’t come at the cost of your health and weight loss goals. Keto Happy Hour bridges the gap between feeling deprived and feeling mighty fine.
WITH RECIPES LIKE:
- Strawberry Basil Lemon Drops
- Boozy Hot Cocoa
- Dill Pickle Martinis
- Cucumber Mojitos
- Moscow Mules
- Irish Coffee
- Keto Hot Buttered Rum
- Bloody Marys
- Scratch made Low Carb Bloody Mary Mix
- Homemade low carb coffee liqueur and Low Carb Irish cream
- Low Carb Whiskey Sour
- Hot Toddy
- Cucumber Jalapeno Margaritas
- And even…
- Low Carb Strawberry Margarita Gummy Worms
AND EVEN SOME FOOD RECIPES LIKE:
- Halloumi Bruschetta
- Cheesy Nachos
- Barbecue Smoked Sausages
- Pizza Bagels
- Teriyaki Steak Bites
- Avocado Keto Hummus
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Bloody Mary Roasted Nuts
- Red Wine Fudgesicles
- and more…
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY –HERE
In addition to these Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers, check out some of my other favorite keto appetizers:
- Keto Sausage Balls
- Keto Soft Pretzels
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups with Dijon Butter Glaze
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Low Carb Beef and Chorizo Empanadas
- Cajun Trinity Keto Crab Cakes
- Keto Chicken Fried Cauliflower Steaks
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Two traditional bar appetizers just got a major makeover with this recipe. How about instead of choosing between jalapeno poppers or buffalo chicken wings, you just get both in one dish? Talk about a match made in heaven. Add some creamy ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side, and you are good to go!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 5 ( 4 Poppers per serving) 1x
- Cuisine: Keto, Appetizer, Low Carb, Gluten Free
- 10 large jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 8 ounces ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese (½ cup), softened
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Spread the jalapeño halves across the baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add the chicken, garlic, onion powder, and sea salt. Sauté until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked all the way through.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a large mixing bowl and add the cream cheese, ¼ cup of the blue cheese crumbles, mozzarella cheese, and Buffalo wing sauce. Mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Fill each jalapeno with a mound of the chicken mixture. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of blue cheese crumbles and bacon.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Top with green onions before serving.
TIP: If you cannot find ground chicken at your local grocery store, feel free to substitute ground turkey.
- Serving Size: 4 poppers
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 16g