If you're missing crunchy snacks on your low carb/keto diet, this Keto Fried Zucchini Crisp recipe is a must! Sliced zucchini is covered in a crispy almond parmesan crust, fried golden brown, perfect for dipping. These zucchini chips are the perfect low carb snack or appetizer.
Ingredients in Almond Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Crisps
- Blanched almond flour: Almond flour works as a great low carb and gluten free breading option. It crisps up nicely when cooked. If you need a nut free recipe, swap out the almond flour and parmesan cheese for a batch of my Nut Free Keto Breading Mix.
- Grated parmesan cheese: The parmesan cheese, mixed with the almond flour makes for a deliciously crispy keto fried zucchini. Fresh grated is best, but the kind in the famous green can will work also.
- Zucchini: You can also make this recipe with summer squash, or a mixture of both.
- Heavy cream and egg: The heavy cream and egg are what help the breading stick to the zucchini during frying.
What to Serve with Keto Fried Zucchini Crisps
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating these breaded zucchini crisps in the oven, a pan, or an air fryer.
- Sub squash: These low carb fried zucchini can also be made with summer squash.
- Air Frying: You can make these in the air fryer. Simply spray the breading zucchini with a little cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil and cook in the air fryer on 350°F until crispy.
- Nut Free: For a nut free version, you can bread these in my Low Carb Nut Free Breading Mix.
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.