- 2 medium zucchini (about 8 inches), sliced 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large egg
- avocado oil or coconut oil for frying
- Combine the almond flour, parmesan cheeses, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix until well incorporated. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, and egg to a small bowl, and fork whisk to combine.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a high-sided skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat the zucchini slices in the breading, dredge in the egg wash, and then coat in the breading again.
- Gently place the breaded zucchini into the hot oil and fry until the breading is crispy on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes each side. Try not to flip the zucchini too many times or you will lose your breading.
- Line a plate with paper towels and as you remove the zucchini from the pan, place them on the paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Frying
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Sodium: 516mg
- Fat: 22.8g
- Saturated Fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 19.2g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
Keywords: low carb appetizers, keto appetizers, zucchini crisp recipe, low carb zucchini recipes, keto zucchini recipes