Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Taco Egg Muffins – Low Carb, Gluten Free
- 8 oz ground beef
- 3 tbsp Taco Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- 2 oz onion, diced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 oz mixed bell peppers, diced
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350° Lightly oil a muffin tin. Or you can use a non-stick silicone bakeware. (Get it here) In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef and onions. Sauté until ground beef is browned. Drain excess grease from pan. Mix in 1/3 cup water and taco seasoning. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- In a large mixing bowl, fork whisk eggs. Mix in cheese, bell peppers, and olives.
- Mix meat into egg mixture. Pour mixture into muffin tin. This should fill 12 spots. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top each muffin with sour cream and salsa prior to serving.
Per Serving - Calories: 330 | Fat: 17g | Protein: 21g | Net Carbs: 6g
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***