Check out some of my other favorite low carb squash recipes:
Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin with Bacon - Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Cut spaghetti squash in half crosswise and scrape out the seeds. Drizzle olive oil over spaghetti squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until the spaghetti squash is tender and the shreds easily pull away from the skin.
- While the squash is roasting, heat a large skillet over medium heat. To the pan add the butter, garlic, onions, salt and pepper. Cook until the onions are lightly caramelized.
- Once the squash has cooled, use a fork to scrape the flesh into a large mixing bowl. To the bowl, add the onions, bacon, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350° Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 8g net
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: keto spaghetti squash recipes, keto au gratin, low carb au gratin, spaghetti squash au gratin, low carb side dishes, how to cook spaghetti squash
This has become a family favorite! I've made it the past 3 Thanksgivings and its always a huge hit.
I made your recipe tonight. Wow!!! Insanely good! So much flavor! I loved it so much I ate it again at 9pm!