Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
These Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are one of my all-time favorite recipes. They are quick and easy, making them the perfect low carb weeknight meal. All of the flavors of your favorite sandwich, but without all of the carbs. For this recipe, I used thinly sliced deli roast beef, but you can also make them with ground beef, sliced steak, or even steak-ums. I have tried them all four ways and they are fantastic. You can even change things up and make these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers with chicken or pork. For another fun and delicious cheesesteak variation, try my Low Carb Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf.
I’m not going to lie, as soon as this idea came to me, I felt like a culinary genius. If you can’t tell by now, I like finding creative vessels for my dishes. I have had a lot of fun with avocados with this same concept. These Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are great for lunch, dinner or even as an appetizer. They also reheat well, making them great for keto meal prep. Speaking of, if you need help with low carb meal planning, I have created the perfect resource for you. Check out my 14 weeks of low carb and gluten free meal planning.
I hope you enjoy these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers as much as we have. Check out some of my other low carb stuffed pepper recipes.
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers – Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: Makes 4 Servings 1x
- 8 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 6 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add butter, olive oil, garlic, mushrooms onions and a little salt and pepper.
- Sauté until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized – About 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes. Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown. (You may want to pre-bake the peppers for about 10 minutes while the meat mixture is cooking if you like a softer pepper)
Per Serving – Calories: 458 | Fat: 36g | Protein: 27g | Net Carbs: 8.5g