These Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers have all the delicious flavors of a loaded Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, but in a low carb stuffed pepper variation. Tender roast beef, melty provolone cheese, smothered with sautéed mushrooms, onions and garlic. It's a match made in heaven. With only 6 main ingredients and less than 30 minutes, this is the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- 8 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 6 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add the butter, olive oil, garlic, mushrooms onions and a little salt and pepper. Sauté until onions and mushroom are tender and they start to caramelize.
- Slice the roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion and mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5 to 10 minutes. Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Fill each pepper with the meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown. (You may want to pre-bake the peppers for about 10 minutes while the meat mixture is cooking if you like a softer pepper)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 458
- Fat: 36g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5 net g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: low carb philly cheesesteak, keto philly cheesesteak sandwich, low carb stuffed pepper recipes, philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers