Steamed clams have always been one of my favorite things to order when I am dining out. But they are so easy to make at home. These Lemon Garlic Steamed Clams are super easy to make, and full of flavor.
I LOVE steamed clams. They are so easy to make and there is a million different ways you can prepare them. These Lemon Garlic Steamed Clams are so simple to make and only require a few basic ingredients.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb seafood recipes:
- Chili-Lime Grilled Prawns with Avocado-Feta Salsa
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip
- Slow Cooker Clam Chowder with Bacon
- Lemon Garlic Flounder
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 2 pounds fresh clams
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme (I use this brand)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Before cooking, soak the clams for 20 minutes in a pot of cold, salted water. The salt will help draw the sand out of the clams.
- In a large pot, combine the clams, chicken stock, garlic, onion, butter, 1 tablespoon of the parsley, lemon juice, thyme, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat, cover and cook until the clams have opened. About 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour clams and broth into large bowl and garnish with the remaining parsley and any extra lemon.
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 6 net grams
- Protein: 10g