Lemon Garlic Steamed Clams
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 2 pounds fresh clams
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme (I use this brand)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Before cooking, soak the clams for 20 minutes in a pot of cold, salted water. The salt will help draw the sand out of the clams.
- In a large pot, combine the clams, chicken stock, garlic, onion, butter, 1 tablespoon of the parsley, lemon juice, thyme, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat, cover and cook until the clams have opened. About 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour clams and broth into large bowl and garnish with the remaining parsley and any extra lemon.
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 6 net grams
- Protein: 10g