This Keto breakfast pizza is the best of both worlds – breakfast and dinner. Best of all, it is gluten free and low carb. Mix it up and add all your favorite breakfast ingredients and pizza toppings.
Looking for Easy Keto breakfast Recipes, Make this Keto Breakfast Pizza!
Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at suppertime … with this Keto Breakfast Pizza, you can have pizza anytime. A perfectly seasoned gluten free pizza crust, layered with a keto alfredo sauce, topped with sunny side up eggs, crispy chopped bacon, shredded white cheddar cheese, chopped red onion and fresh parsley … yep, this is the best low carb breakfast recipe ever.
The best fathead dough recipe ever
If you’ve been looking for a low carb pizza crust recipe and you’ve never had fathead pizza, this post is the perfect introduction. Fathead pizza is just mozzarella, cream cheese, egg, almond flour, and seasoning. You melt the cheese and cream cheese in the microwave, stir, and add in the rest of the ingredients, then form into a crust shape.
For this fathead pizza crust recipe, I like to use garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and ground pepper. This combination is the perfect base for pizza crust because it compliments any of the traditional (or in this case, non-traditional) pizza toppings you can dream up.
How to make the best keto pizza crust
The real secret to the perfect keto pizza crust is how you bake it. I highly recommend a pizza pan and parchment paper, but you can also use this low carb pizza crust recipe to make a keto skillet pizza. Use a seasoned cast iron skillet and follow the baking instructions below, baking the crust first. Keto deep dish pizza for the win!
If you want to get really adventurous, you could try making a keto calzone. While I wouldn’t recommend this method for a keto breakfast pizza, it would work great for a traditional pizza option. In fact, I have the perfect Keto Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pocket recipe — you can even customize the filling!
Other great combinations for this keto breakfast pizza:
The topping possibilities for this low carb breakfast pizza are endless. Think of all your favorite pizza topping and imagine them on a breakfast pizza with eggs and a rich keto alfredo sauce. Ground breakfast sausage, avocado slices (add after you take the pizza out of the oven), even scrambled eggs (add in cheese and chives).
Want more keto pizza inspiration? Try out these combinations, either with alfredo or keto pizza sauce:
- Greek – salami, artichokes, red onion, feta, kalamata olives
- Supreme – sausage, pepperoni, ham, onions, peppers, mushrooms
- Meat Lovers – ham, pepperoni, sausage, bacon
- Chicken Bacon Ranch – chicken, bacon, mushrooms, red onions, ranch dressing
- Classic Pepperoni – and more pepperoni, and more pepperoni, and more pepperoni
- Bacon Cheeseburger – just trust me on this one!
In addition to this keto breakfast pizza, check out some of my other favorite low carb pizza recipes:
- Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- Keto Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pockets
- Supreme Pizza Stuffed Pepper
- Pizza Eggs
- Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles
- Low Carb Pizza Frittata
- Keto Pizza Bagels
- Low Carb Greek Pizza
- Keto Pizza Chips
Keto Breakfast Pizza
Note: You may want to begin by cooking the bacon first as it comes later in the ingredient list but calls for it to be cooked already.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: pizza
- Method: baking
For the keto pizza crust:
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (I use this brand of spices)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (this is the only salt I use)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For the keto breakfast pizza toppings:
- 4 large eggs
- 6 slices bacon, chopped and cooked crisp
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
For the keto pizza crust:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 12 inch pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute.
- To the mixing bowl, add egg, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. (It will be stiff and hard to mix)
- Spread the “dough” into a thin but even layer, covering the pizza pan. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Watch it to make sure that it does not bubble up. Use a toothpick to pop any bubbles, if necessary.
For the sauce:
- While the pizza crust is cooking, make the sauce. Combine the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a small saucepan and heat over med heat until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened. Set aside to cool. Once the sauce has cooked, stir in the mozzarella cheese.
Putting it all together:
- Reduce the heat in the oven to 375°F
- Spread the sauce in an even layer across the pizza crust and top with the cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Create four small wells in the toppings and carefully crack an egg into each one.
- Top the pizza with the red onion slices and parsley.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the whites of the eggs are set.
net carbs per slice: 5g
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 391
- Fat: 31.9g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 21.8g
Keywords: keto pizza recipes, low carb pizza, keto pizza crust, breakfast pizza, gluten free pizza recipe, keto breakfast recipes