This herbed butter roasted chicken is the juiciest chicken you will ever sink your teeth into. Packing the butter and seasoning between the breasts and the skin locks in the flavor and keeps the chicken moist all throughout the cooking.
How do you make a whole roasted chicken?
Have you ever tried to make an oven roasted chicken recipe only to end up with dry, bland chicken? Don’t worry, I think we have all been there. There are a couple of specific things you can do to avoid this. First, you’ll want to add chicken stock to the bottom of the roasting pan, which will help to kept the chicken moist and juicy.
Next, make a compound butter recipe, using grass-fed butter and fresh or dried herbs. Then you pack half of the compound butter between the skin and the breast of the chicken, which helps to lock in the moisture and makes for an incredibly juicy and flavorful roasted chicken recipe.
Finally, you slather the remaining compound butter all over the top of the chicken. Lastly, as you are roasting the chicken, you want to periodically baste the top of the chicken with the drippings from the pan, which will make a super crispy chicken skin. Delish!!
Isn’t is easier to buy a keto friendly rotisserie chicken instead?
Sure. You could always buy a rotisserie chicken instead of making your own keto whole roasted chicken recipe, but I guarantee you it won’t be nearly as flavorful as this recipe. Also, it is very likely that a store-bought rotisserie chicken will have added sugars. I don’t know why people feel like it is necessary to add sugar to literally everything.
What should I serve with this keto herbed butter roasted chicken?
Honestly, you can serve it with anything you want, it pairs perfectly with just about any keto side dish recipe. I like to serve this recipe as part of my low carb Thanksgiving feast. There are a lot of years when our gathering it simply too small to cook an entire turkey and making a roasted chicken instead, makes for the perfect keto Thanksgiving centerpiece. With that in mind, I love to serve it with Cranberry Pecan Cauliflower Rice Stuffing, Keto Green Bean Casserole, Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash, White Cheddar Sausage Keto Biscuits, and Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse. Just like that, you have a complete menu of keto Thanksgiving recipes.
In addition to this Herbed Butter Roasted Chicken, check out some of my other favorite keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Sesame Chicken Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Herbed Chicken and Mushroom Skillet Meal
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
- Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
- Keto Chicken Fried Steak
- Keto Chicken Pad Thai
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books – HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, Egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY –HEREPrint
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature (ghee for dairy free)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pound whole chicken
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, thyme, sage, onion flakes, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Add the chicken stock to the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Gently loosen the skin covering the breasts of the chicken, lifting it away from the breast, creating a pocket between the breast and the skin.
- Pack half of the herbed butter between the skin and the breasts, distributing it evenly. Rub the other half of the herbed butter all over the top of the chicken.
- Bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Take the chicken out of the oven, baste the juices over the top of it and return it to the oven. Roast for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
- Roast until it is cooked all the way through, with a meat thermometer reaching 165°F, and the skin is nice and crispy.
- Serving Size: 6oz of chicken
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 494mg
- Fat: 33.9g
- Saturated Fat: 12.1g
- Carbohydrates: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 179mg
Keywords: keto chicken recipes, roasted chicken recipes, low carb roasted chicken, how to roast a chicken