This soup is creamy and delicious. This is a great make ahead because it is even better when reheated the next day. You can substantially lower the carb count in this recipe simply by omitting the black beans. It tastes wonderful garnished with sharp cheddar cheese, and sour cream.
Check out some of my other favorite soup recipes:
- Paleo Cabbage Roll Soup
- Slow Cooker Clam Chowder with Bacon
- Cauliflower and Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
Creamy Turkey Taco Soup - Low Carb, Keto
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 15 Servings 1x
- 15 oz can black beans, drained (optional)
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- Add black beans, stewed tomatoes with juice, tomatoes and green chilies with juice, beef broth, and garlic. Cover and cook on low.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, combine ground turkey, onion, cumin, chili powder, and sea salt. Saute until turkey is cooked all the way through - About 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add cream cheese to pan and mix until completely combined with turkey mixture.
- Add turkey mixture, and heavy cream to slow cooker. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Per Serving - Calories: 178 | Fat: 10g | Protein: 4.5g | Net Carbs: 6g
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: About 1 Cup
THIs soup is delicious 😋 I used ground ground in place of turkey. Wanted to up the fat %. I also added some cilantro. Will definitely make this again.