Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs – The perfect low carb blend of spicy and creamy. The perfect keto snack. Plus, BACON. What more could you ask for?
Lately I have been obsessed with deviled eggs. Come to think of it, this obsession has been going on for a while now. They are so easy to make and it is fun to come up with creative variations. There may just be a deviled egg book in my future. Here are a couple of my favorite variations – Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs, Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 6 large eggs
- 16 sliced pickled jalapenos, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 to 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Hard boil the eggs. This is how I make perfect hard-boiled eggs. Place the eggs in a large sauce pan with cold water. Add enough water that the eggs are fully submerged. Over high heat bring water to a rolling boil. Once the water has come to a boil, remove the pan from the heat, cover and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Chop 4 of the jalapeno slices and set aside.
- Peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and fork mash them in a medium mixing bowl. To the bowl, add bacon, mayonnaise, cream cheese, and chopped jalapenos. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into a plastic bag or pastry bag. Squeeze the mixture to one corner of the bag and snip off the corner. Use this to pipe the filling into the egg halves.
- Top each egg with a jalapeno slice. Sprinkle the paprika over top of the eggs.