This hash is the perfect blend of sweet and savory. You can even add eggs to it and make it a complete meal. I love to make a big batch of this and eat it throughout the week when I get home from the gym. If you are a big hash fan like I am, check out the other variations I have: Root Vegetable and Bacon Hash, Fried Cauliflower and Radish Hash, Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato and Bacon Hash, Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Skillet. If you are tired of boring eggs for breakfast, I have a whole section of creative low carb breakfast ideas
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 3 oz yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 oz red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken sausage
- 5 oz onion, diced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large green onion , chopped
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once pan is nice and hot, add diced sweet potatoes, peppers and garlic. Cook until sweet potatoes are tender and browned.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat a second large skillet with the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated, add chicken sausage, onions, salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken sausage is no longer pink and the onions are translucent and soft.
- Combine the ingredients of both pans. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Per Serving – Calories: 214 | Protein: 11.5g | Fat: 13.5g | Net Carbs: 8g
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***