This hash is the perfect blend of sweet and savory. You can even add eggs to it and make it a complete meal. I love to make a big batch of this and eat it throughout the week when I get home from the gym. If you are a big hash fan like I am, check out the other variations I have: Root Vegetable and Bacon Hash, Fried Cauliflower and Radish Hash, Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Skillet. If you are tired of boring eggs for breakfast, I have a whole section of creative low carb breakfast ideas
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Chicken Sausage, Sweet Potato Hash – (Low Carb, Paleo, Whole30, Gluten-Free)
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 3 oz yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 oz red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken sausage
- 5 oz onion, diced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large green onion , chopped
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once pan is nice and hot, add diced sweet potatoes, peppers and garlic. Cook until sweet potatoes are tender and browned.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat a second large skillet with the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated, add chicken sausage, onions, salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken sausage is no longer pink and the onions are translucent and soft.
- Combine the ingredients of both pans. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Per Serving - Calories: 214 | Protein: 11.5g | Fat: 13.5g | Net Carbs: 8g
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***