These Almond Parmesan Crusted Keto Chicken Nuggets are a healthier version of the delightful nuggets we all enjoyed as children, and for some of us, well into adulthood!
This is a very simple recipe to prepare. The pictures do not do it justice. It tastes better than these pictures look. I am always experimenting with breading recipes that are not solely pork rind based. The almond-parmesan combination is one of my favorites, especially on fish. I used coconut oil to fry these chicken nuggets in. I bought some a while ago and had yet to use it. I liked it, however, there are a couple of things you should know. First, you can definitely taste a slight hint of coconut in the chicken. Secondly, you do not need to heat it as high as olive oil or vegetable oil. I found that medium to medium-high is about as hot as you want to heat coconut oil. Next time I make this dish, I will use olive oil to fry in. Hope you enjoy it!
In addition to these keto chicken nuggets, Check out some of my other favorite low carb chicken recipes:
- Fried Mozzarella Balls
- Low Carb Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Eggplant Bruschetta
- Low Carb Deep Fried Mushrooms
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- Combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix until well incorporated. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, egg, and cayenne to a small bowl, and fork whisk to combine.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a high-sided skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the breading, dredge in the egg wash, and then coat in the breading again.
- Gently place the breaded nuggets into the hot oil and fry until cooked all the way through and crispy on both sides, about 2 minutes each side. Try not to flip the nuggets too many times or you will lose your breading.
- Line a plate with paper towels and as you remove the nuggets from the pan, place them on the paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
What's Popular on the Blog This Week:
Chili Lime Chicken with Avocado Feta Salsa
Staycation Fun on Pet Friendly San Juan Island
Keto French Toast Egg Puffs
Low Carb Keto Banana Nut Protein Pancakes
Roasted Pork Tenderloin With Salsa Verde & Balsamic Carrots
Keto Cauliflower Pizza Poppers
Low Carb Keto Thanksgiving Recipes
Top 15 Reasons You Are Not Losing Weight on a Low-Carb Diet
Cheesy Chorizo Breakfast Bake
Bacon Sweet Potato Cakes (Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free)
100 Pound Weight Loss Journey - November (Month 3)
Cucumber Greek Salad