These Almond Parmesan Crusted Keto Chicken Nuggets are a healthier version of the delightful nuggets we all enjoyed as children, and for some of us, well into adulthood!
In addition to these keto chicken nuggets, Check out some of my other favorite low carb appetizer recipes:
Almond Parmesan Crusted Keto Chicken Nuggets
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into nugget sized pieces
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- avocado oil for frying
- Combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix until well incorporated. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, egg, and cayenne to a small bowl, and fork whisk to combine.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a high-sided skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the breading, dredge in the egg wash, and then coat in the breading again.
- Gently place the breaded nuggets into the hot oil and fry until cooked all the way through and crispy on both sides, about 2 minutes each side. Try not to flip the nuggets too many times or you will lose your breading.
- Line a plate with paper towels and as you remove the nuggets from the pan, place them on the paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
Popular on the Blog This Week:
Lemon Fruit and Nut Bars - Gluten Free, Paleo
Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
Low Carb Peanut Chicken Skillet
Chili Lime Mixed Nuts
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Keto Sausage Balls
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato and Smoked Gouda Bisque
Carbs in Cauliflower and The Best Low Carb Cauliflower Recipes
Slow Cooker Beef Stew - paleo, Whole30, keto
Keto Beef Stroganoff Soup
Keto Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Vanilla Glaze