These Almond Parmesan Crusted Keto Chicken Nuggets are a healthier version of the delightful nuggets we all enjoyed as children, and for some of us, well into adulthood!
This is a very simple recipe to prepare. The pictures do not do it justice. It tastes better than these pictures look. I am always experimenting with breading recipes that are not solely pork rind based. The almond-parmesan combination is one of my favorites, especially on fish. I used coconut oil to fry these chicken nuggets in. I bought some a while ago and had yet to use it. I liked it, however, there are a couple of things you should know. First, you can definitely taste a slight hint of coconut in the chicken. Secondly, you do not need to heat it as high as olive oil or vegetable oil. I found that medium to medium-high is about as hot as you want to heat coconut oil. Next time I make this dish, I will use olive oil to fry in. Hope you enjoy it!
In addition to these keto chicken nuggets, Check out some of my other favorite low carb chicken recipes:
- Fried Mozzarella Balls
- Low Carb Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Eggplant Bruschetta
- Low Carb Deep Fried Mushrooms
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- Combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix until well incorporated. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, egg, and cayenne to a small bowl, and fork whisk to combine.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a high-sided skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the breading, dredge in the egg wash, and then coat in the breading again.
- Gently place the breaded nuggets into the hot oil and fry until cooked all the way through and crispy on both sides, about 2 minutes each side. Try not to flip the nuggets too many times or you will lose your breading.
- Line a plate with paper towels and as you remove the nuggets from the pan, place them on the paper towels to absorb any excess grease.