These Keto Chicken Nuggets are tender and juicy on the inside and perfectly crispy on the outside. They are made with common, every day ingredients that you likely already have in your fridge and pantry. You can bake them, fry them, or cook them in the air fryer. No matter how you cook them, they taste great. Best of all, they are only 2.5 grams of carbs per serving and can be ready in less than 30 minutes. It's a recipe that satisfies both kids and adults alike.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into nugget sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- pinch of paprika
- avocado oil for frying
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the coconut flour to a shallow bowl.
Combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, onion powder and garlic powder in a separate shallow bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
Add the heavy cream, egg, and paprika to a third shallow bowl, and fork whisk to combine.
Heat about an inch of oil in a high-sided skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Coat the chicken pieces in the coconut flour, dredge in the egg wash, and then coat in the breading.
Gently place the breaded nuggets into the hot oil and fry until cooked all the way through and crispy on both sides, about 2 minutes each side. Try not to flip the nuggets too many times or the breading will fall off.
Line a plate with paper towels and as you remove the nuggets from the pan, place them on the paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
- net carbs per serving: 3.4g
- Storage: Store leftover keto chicken nuggets in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating these in a frying pan or in an air fryer to get them nice and crispy again.
- Freezing: These can be frozen after being cooked and then reheated when you are ready to eat them.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 26.4g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 48.3g
Keywords: keto chicken nuggets, low carb chicken nuggets, homemade chicken nuggets, gluten free chicken nuggets, almond flour chicken nuggets, parmesan crusted chicken nuggets