Peanut Butter and Jelly, remixed as a Low Carb Peanut Butter Berry Breakfast Loaf. The perfect slightly sweet keto breakfast on the go.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Berry Breakfast Loaf: a low carb PB&J for breakfast
The idea of a breakfast loaf was inspired by Sugar Free Mom’s Low Carb Blueberry English Muffin Loaf Recipe. I knew right away that I needed to make something similar, but with peanut butter and mixed berries. It is perfect for those rushed, on the go mornings. I have been making this and eating a slice on the way to the gym in the mornings. Kind of like peanut butter and jelly toast. Yum!
How to add more sweetness to this Low Carb Peanut Butter Berry Breakfast Loaf
This breakfast loaf is not overly sweet. It is meant to be a breakfast and not a dessert. If you are looking for a sweeter treat, you can always add more sweetener. Even with the peanut butter and the berries, this recipes still comes in at only 3 carbs per slice, making it an awesome quick and portable breakfast option.
In addition to this Low Carb Peanut Butter Berry Breakfast Loaf, check out some of my other favorite low carb, keto breakfast recipes:
CHECK OUT SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITE LOW CARB, KETO Breakfast RECIPES:
- Pizza Eggs
- Keto McMuffin Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Skillet
- White Cheddar Sausage Breakfast Biscuits
- Keto Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches
- Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet
Peanut Butter Berry Breakfast Loaf | Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Yield: Makes 12 Slices 1x
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter or butter flavored coconut oil (get some here), melted
- 5 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp Swerve sweetener (more for a sweeter bread) (I get it here)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Use a silicone loaf pan (Get one here) or line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, melted butter and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder and sea salt. mix together until well combined and all chunks of baking powder are broken up.
- Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing as you pour.
- Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the mixed berries into the mixture.
- Pour the batter evenly into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, checking on it at the 45 minute mark.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.
- Pop a couple slices in the toaster and then slather them with delicious grass fed butter!
3.33g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 4.83g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 5.8g
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books – HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!