The Keto Avocado Taco Boats are the perfect way to level up your low carb Taco Tuesday Routine. They are fresh, light, and fun!
Switch up your Taco Tuesday
This is the keto taco you’ve been waiting for — we’re swapping out tortillas for avocado boats! This recipe is more of a keto taco salad. The presentation is so beautiful: perfectly cooked ground beef seasoned with homemade taco seasoning, nestled on top of chilled shredded lettuce, topped with cheese, salsa, sour cream, tomato, jalapeño, and avocado, all served in an avocado boat. What’s not to love?
How do I know if an avocado is ripe?
If you’re not sure how to pick the perfect avocado, it’s pretty simple: go by touch. Pick up a ripe looking avocado (with a darker skin) and hold it with your fingertips. Gently apply pressure, don’t squeeze. If an avocado is ripe, it’ll have a little give to it. If it’s overripe, it’ll feel mushy.
Another tip for picking a good avocado: go for the more pair shaped options. Rounder avocados usually have a large seed in them, and more seed = less avocado. Pear shaped avocados usually have a smaller seed — look for an avocado that is smaller at the top and thicker at the bottom.
The key to Keto Mexican Food recipes
Mexican food is easy to make keto — just ditch the tortillas, rice, and beans, and load up on the proteins. If you’re not into ground beef recipes, you could swap out beef for ground chicken, turkey, pork, or a combination. Let’s be honest here: this is an avocado recipe … the avocado is the real star of the show. There are about a million different ways to make Keto tacos, and I think all million of them are delicious.
In addition to these Keto Avocado Taco Boats, check out some of my other Mexican inspired keto recipes:
- Keto Taco Slaw
- Shredded Taco Pork
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Jon’s Guacamole
- Green Chile Chorizo and Chicken Mexican Casserole
- Low Carb Taco Seasoning
- Creamy Mexican Slow Cooker Chicken
- Taco Egg Muffins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 tablespoons Taco Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- 2 large avocados
- 4 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 4 pickled jalapeño slices
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 romaine leaves, shredded
- Prepare your taco meat – Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat and drain the excess grease. Add 2/3 cup water and 4 tbsp taco seasoning, reduce heat to low and let simmer 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Cut the avocados in half and use a spoon to scoop out the avocado.
- Add 1/4 of the shredded lettuce into the bottom of each empty avocado shell.
- Next, add 1/4 of the ground beef into each shell
- Top each one with cheese, salsa, sour cream, tomato, jalapeno and avocado.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 taco boat
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: keto tacos, low carb recipes, keto recipes, taco Tuesday, keto Mexican recipes, low carb Mexican recipes, keto food blog, low carb blog
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books – HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, Egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!